Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #1

3051S Pantry Problem

Hi all,
Looking for help and see if anyone else had this problem.

Clean out he motor home for winter, took everything out of the sliding pantry and closed it.
When out yesterday to do a few things and when to open the pantry. The release button is stuck in and would not come out pulling, shaking, and so on.Had never seen this before. So finally got the bezel around it off and took a knife to pry/work out the button and got it open. When it is out the button seems to work. When you slide the pantry in, the last inch or so seems to stick or rub and at the end seems to click in place as the latch engages. When push in the button to open and it sticks in and will not open. Back to the knife to get it open.
I have looked all around except on top (need to take a stool to see it) and a better flashlight. But can not see anywhere it is making contact or rubbing.
Not sure if it needs a new latch or some kind of alignment.
Anybody had this happen or ideas.
allagante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #2

I have a 2015 3051S bought last fall with the same type of latch as you have. At a show in January I noticed that the newer units have modified the pantry so that the small latch and door is not holding the pantry in.
The pantry door, which is now a separate door not attached to the pantry slide, opens and then your have a slide latch holding the pantry itself in place.
I am looking for a new type of handle to replace the flimsy latch on the current configuration I have because mine does not easily catch when closing. My concern is the pantry sliding out while in transit.
Perhaps another owner or Mr. Clemens can provide a suggestion?
Thanks
naysmitj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
Commercial Member

maybe a new thumb latch. We found too many people at shows did not know how it worked...so they would slam it shut with the button pushed IN, which would break it.

Private message Mr. Cavitt on here with your address. I put some spare latches on his desk for just this occasion.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #4

pantry latch

Our latch was broken when we looked at the unit on the lot. They ordered a new latch and changed it. We were told that they would install a second latch on the door, but does not look like they did anything different, seems to work fine now just be careful when opening and closing. Must be a design flaw. Thanks bclemens have learned a lot.
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #5

We have had to replace the latch 2 times since taking delivery last April. It was delivered broken and has broken once since and is now needing to be replaced again - sometimes works sometimes doesn't and when it doesn't it is a real issue trying to open the pantry.

Shelley
AprilFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags