Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The cheater plug I was referring to was one like they have in 30 amp. Just an adaptor the takes the 30 amp plug to a 20 amp two prong. I was asking about shipping those with units and was told they were not code approved items.

I assume there is a similar adaptor as you suggest to convert a 50 amp plug to 30 amp.
Interesting, I've always just heard them called adapters. I also never heard about codes specific to them. They're cheap enough, that even if you don't include them- you're not doing the RV owner a disservice.

When you said cheater plug, here's what I thought of first, "RV 50 amp cheater plug/box":
RV Cheater Box - 50 amps from 30 & 20 - PPL Motor Homes

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #12
GM

that "cheater plug" term is probably only used by reps.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #13

I differ on the outlet placement at the dinette booth. In fact I'm pleased they are there for when the kids are at the table playing their electronic devices they have a power outlet to plug in to that is unobtrusive. Its one of those open ended questions "where would you put it?".
In fact, I am surprised at the amount of power outlets installed in our coach - one on each side of the bed, one at the bunk, the bathroom, 2 at the kitchen area (overhead cabinet and under counter for the sink), booth dinette, over the dinette by the television mount and in the console of the over cab bed. I've never had so many power outlets and so conveniently located in any of or previous RV's.

This I'm certain is a FR giving a little something extra. A Thor unit we looked at when we were shopping around had only 3 power outlets with virtually the exact same floorplan.

Great feedback topic!

Bobby
Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #14
GM

Perfect example of "different strokes for different folks". Easy to forget the wide range of buyers that we see. From families first starting out to retired couples downsizing from a 40' diesel pusher.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #15

While we were looking at MH at the Toronto RV show the factory rep who was there couldn't believe I was on the floor under the unit looking at the placement of the leveling jacks on my 3051s I am very impressed with how high they are for ground clearance. On the whole I like the 3051s a LOT! Not going to lie there are a few things I was/am not happy with but working through these.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #16

I am going to try to answer each of you in order that you replied to the original post in this one post.

jfrauts - yes on where the lower edge is separating. As we are on the road we cannot really fix this ourselves or take it to the dealer. Looking at a detour in our travels to Elkhart but they are swamped. Might just keep an eye on it and hope it does not get worse before we get home in early Sept.

USNMM1 - We ordered without carpet in the living area. Having had carpet in all but the last 2 units we knew we wanted to avoid that at all cost. Did get carpet in the bedroom. Our pantry is a pullout - which is how the rice incident happened. From now on - pull out slowly. Will probably put some kind of braces in the back of the unit to keep things from falling off the back of the shelves when opening it.

bclemens - I just mentioned the knife block because if I used the glass top it would be an issue. Actually, we install a magnetic knife holder in every unit - one of the first mods we make. Dinette elec outlets - we installed an elec strip with USB outlets just under the table on the outside wall. It will easily remove if we need to lower the table - easy fix for us. Medicine cabinet - ours is great - mirrors are fine - just made for short people and that is due to the slide - nothing that can be done there. I mentioned it because - well because. And thank you very much for including the full length mirror - a first in any of our units - we have always added one. 50 amp - everyone with 50 amp carries a plug to convert to 30 amp on those rare occasions that 50 is not available. A 50 amp site is usually an extra $2-3. Again - I would have been very willing to pay a premium for 50amp in the coach. Years ago 50 could be hard to come by but any more I cannot remember the last time we were at a campground other than a state park that did not have 50 amp. MCD shades - had in last 2 units and I miss them! Dinette benches - yes thigh area - back cushions need to be thinner and it sounds like you are already looking in to doing just that. The bottom cushions are adequate.

JLeising - Thanks for the dinette mod suggestion. We are looking at doing something similar but for now will keep as is as we don't have storage for the OEM cushions.

bgilly - I agree on the number of outlets! We have always had to add extra and this time there are plenty. Good point!

Okay - who did I miss?

Once again - I think the powers that be at FR really thought this coach through and utilized space amazingly well. The list of standard features was pretty fantastic compared to other Class C's we considered and the price point was right on. As of right now FR gets a big Bravo Zulu from me. (job well done Navy talk)

Shelley
Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #17

Aprilfool get yourself some silcone sealer and seal up the gap untill you get it fixed you DON"T want water getting there.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #18

jfrauts - will do

Shelley
Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #19

I agree with space and layout, we are making some mods to help me, we removed Jacknife sofa, was easy since not bolted down, taking out dinette installing double recliners, moving tv from upper cab to hang below cabinets where Jacknife was. Pulling carpet laying laminate. Will post pica as evolves.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #20

To Aprilfool : please post how your dealer repairs the slide seperation problem on the outside bracket, I would like to know. Yours may do something I should have done to mine. Thanks

Tags