Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #21

Aprilfool...
Glad I came to this topic....reading about your water leak in bedroom....I recently found a water leak in our bedroom also.
We investigated and could not find where leak was coming from...so brought it to dealer...they could not find leak.
Monday I will call them to have a look under the bed for the problem you found.
Dealer still has our 2012 Forester 3121DS now 6 weeks...why you ask?...they called to let us know that as they were moving our
unit to the wash/wax area they accidentally maneuvered it into another unit and damaged both units....we have been waiting on parts to arrive. Damaged areas are: door, window at sofa area, inside wall behind sofa and the beam by the door.
Hate that our "baby" has been injured. Missing out on some trips. We could have gone on a four week trip out west with our friends and now Labor Day weekend.

We also fine the dinette uncomfortable...and the only other problem we find is the small fridge. We have the entertainment center over cab....may have to look into removing Jack knife sofa and dinette and put in wall recliners....but then no sleeping area for grandchildren when they come on trip with us. Hmmmm....

Otherwise..love the unit.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
CJnDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #22

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forester Leak (1).jpg
Views:	211
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	61827

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forester Leak (2).jpg
Views:	208
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	61828

Hope that these pictures show - not sure what I am doing. These are the fittings that were leaking under the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne Doiron View Post
Aprilfool...
Glad I came to this topic....reading about your water leak in bedroom....I recently found a water leak in our bedroom also.
We investigated and could not find where leak was coming from...so brought it to dealer...they could not find leak.
Monday I will call them to have a look under the bed for the problem you found.

AprilFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #23

AprilFool,

Thanks for the pictures....DH said he will check ours out Monday with our service department.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:19 PM   #24

Dianne -
I would be beyond upset if my summer was screwed up by the dealer wrecking my unit and not getting it fixed immediately. I hope they are compensating you in some respect.

The dinette - ours will be leaving. As I stated in the original review - we ordered the RV without the sofa. We put a recliner there and I have been sitting at the dinette. After being on the road for 4 straight months we decided to make a change. The euro type recliner we put in will leave as will the dinette. Where the dinette is now we will put something like reclining theater chairs. The wall where the sofa was meant to be will be the TV wall. (we have the entertainment center) The TV will move from the entertainment center to a tv lift. - we will install a drop leaf table around the tv/lift so we will still have someplace to sit and eat when we don't want to eat on our laps. The storage that we will lose by removing the bench seats will be regained where the TV now is as that is dead space behind the TV. This will probably be a winter project so it will be some time before pictures of the final product.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #25

No compensation

I like the idea of what you are doing.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #26

Hey Aprilfool Any work done on the outside bracket of your slide yet? still would like to know how yours got/gets fixed. Also did you get the leveler fixed? This sounds like the hyd tank is low of fluid, this will cause the sound you heard from it.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #27

We added 2 screws to the slide bracket and it is holding just fine. The leveler is working great also - maybe it was just new and needed to wear in a little - whatever the issue was - it has gone away.

Shelley
Old 09-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #28

Thanks for the update on the repair, sounds like our repairs were the same ( my was five extra screws) lets keep our fingers crossed they hold Having worked for 30 years on Hyd. equipment I would keep a eye on that leveler. Good luck with MH. Cheers
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #29

We are looking to be a first time purchaser of any type of camping vehicle. We have just begun our search and have found several class C units that we like, including this one. I am 6'6" tall and 280, so I need some room. We agree regarding the comfort of the dinette furniture. The driver and passenger seat are also just so so for our view--although I fit. We know we have a lot to learn and we plan on spending a few years doing just that before we make our purchase. I am a bit nervous about a unit of this length(we intend on towing another vehicle). I am even more uncomfortable when it comes to weights of the various categories of a MV. This one has a ccc of 1652. It is the lowest capacity listed in our brochure for all models in this fleet. My guess is that it isn't enough. But truly... Not a clue. Any thoughts?
Badgerboy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerboy1955 View Post
We are looking to be a first time purchaser of any type of camping vehicle. We have just begun our search and have found several class C units that we like, We know we have a lot to learn and we plan on spending a few years doing just that before we make our purchase. I am a bit nervous about a unit of this length(we intend on towing another vehicle). I am even more uncomfortable when it comes to weights of the various categories of a MV. This one has a ccc of 1652. It is the lowest capacity listed in our brochure for all models in this fleet. My guess is that it isn't enough. But truly... Not a clue. Any thoughts?
Badgerboy, We have found the carrying capacity to be more than adequate. That is probably because over many many years of RVing and having had at least 2 of each type of RV (except no Class Bs) we have learned that we don't need to haul around as much stuff as we originally thought we needed to. There is definitely a learning curve to this RV thing and apparently we are slow learners! Since I wrote the review we did remove the dinette and installed reclining loveseat. Moved the TV from its center position to over on the right so we are not sitting with our heads swiveled at 90 degrees. Installed a small table where the sofa would have been but we never get to use it as it is always occupied by a dog looking out the window. My point is - don't be afraid to modify your rig to suit your needs. You stated that you won't be buying for a few years. In a few years this model won't be around and there will be, in general, many many improvements and new choices in all RVs. Just be sure that you like the floor plan. There are a ton of RVs out there with terrible kitchen plans - no place to even put a coffee pot and just where in the heck are you going to put a trash can. (I adore the the location of the trash can in this unit). There are lots of little things to consider. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2016, 12:53 PM   #31

AF,

At the beginning of your review you mentioned the AC vibration. Now that we just completed our first week long trip with a functional AC (it's not worked right since be bought the unit in January and it was recently replaced after several failed attempts to fix it.) I've noticed two things.

First, it is a bit on the loud side. You have to crank up the TV and/or speak louder when trying to talk to someone.

Second, my wife first complained of the vibration in the bed when trying to sleep when the AC was on. I happened to be trying out the sleeper sofa and only noticed it a bit but in the bed it was much more noticeable. Have you found anyway to reduce the vibration?

I'm guessing that having a fiberglass roof is an overall advantage, but the downside is that it also conducts vibrations very well.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM   #32
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerboy1955 View Post
We are looking to be a first time purchaser of any type of camping vehicle. We have just begun our search and have found several class C units that we like, including this one. I am 6'6" tall and 280, so I need some room. We agree regarding the comfort of the dinette furniture. The driver and passenger seat are also just so so for our view--although I fit. We know we have a lot to learn and we plan on spending a few years doing just that before we make our purchase. I am a bit nervous about a unit of this length(we intend on towing another vehicle). I am even more uncomfortable when it comes to weights of the various categories of a MV. This one has a ccc of 1652. It is the lowest capacity listed in our brochure for all models in this fleet. My guess is that it isn't enough. But truly... Not a clue. Any thoughts?
If you're 6'6", you're not going to like any bed other than a king size, IMHO. The bed in our Sunseeker is a 60"x80" (classified as a Queen) and at 6'2", I'm cramped; feet stick out the end of the bed, etc.
Length-wise on the coach, it's not bad, although it takes a couple miles to get used to. Plus, we have a Jeep Liberty as a toad. Hardly know the Liberty is back there.
As previously stated, you'll probably find you'll haul less and less, so your weights should go down a bit. I've got storage space I haven't used yet, and some I've already freed-up!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #33

[QUOTE=newRVer;1292520]AF,

At the beginning of your review you mentioned the AC vibration. Now that we just completed our first week long trip with a functional AC (it's not worked right since be bought the unit in January and it was recently replaced after several failed attempts to fix it.) I've noticed two things.

It has been over 2 years since I first wrote the review. And please forgive me but I honestly do not remember the AC vibration. The AC has been replaced but for other reasons - however - that might have fixed the vibration issue too. As far as noise - maybe I'm just used to it. I don't find this AC any louder than any of the others we have had on other RVs. They are all loud. Never felt vibration in the bed!

Tags