Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #11

Been down the Act road and even testified on the vehicle owner's behalf! The manufactures have a host of ways to prove the altering of the ECU/PCM caused the problem. Secondly, if you live in a state where they smog check, when they hook up to your vehicle through the diagnostic port, the tampering/defeating the smog system can be reported to the EPA!

2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourflat View Post
Understand your points but before you flash your ECU/PCM talk to the Ford Dealership 1st. This isn't about spooking anyone, it's about being fully informed. I have seen dealerships decline warranty repairs. You can reflash the ECU/PCM back to stock but the binary checksum will be altered and that is what the dealership looks for....
What's the point in asking Ford if it's okay to tune? You will get one answer. NO

I must have tune my Mustang and Corvette hundreds of time. Mustang even went in for camshaft problems and it was repaired under warranty.

Never heard of anyone being denied because the tech checked the amounts of time the programing has been changed. I have several friends with new Rams, BTW best truck ever, that have opened up their chocked up Hemis and never a problem with the dealer. That PCM took a while to crack by the experts so I'm sure it's the latest generation.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #13

You are very fortunate! God Bless...
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #14

Me and thousands of others.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #15
Site Team

To the OP...
I'm sorry this turned into a tuner debate.

Regarding tow/haul, I saw this on a truck forum: "If you're towing or hauling, turn on tow/haul."

Works for me.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
Infractee

No debate, tuners are awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #17

To the OP. If you get the tuner, you can request an optimized tow tune. Mike at 5 Star offers perfect customer service. If there is something you don't like, you can ask Mike to tweak it and he'll email you a new tune. I didn't get it for power since our V10 has tons, but I wasn't happy with how it shifted especially with the cruise control on. The way it's setup from the factory is that the shifting is very sensitive and will sometimes drop down two gears causing the engine to rev high even when not needed. You'll see what I'm talking about after you drive it for a while.

I have nothing to do with 5 Star tune, but whenever I buy a good product I will advertise it. Same thing with junk.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #18

Thanks for the education about tuning, never heard ofmit before, but then again i'm not a gearhead and newbiemto rving. It's just When towing i have alot of weight, abour 20000 lbs and just want to be able to stop at hottom of hill and not either burn up brakes on way down or strip the transmission and end up on a truck run away ramp. Never want to go there. Driving the 3051S with a toad is a heck of a lot differant than a chevy 2500 work van.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #19

Going downhill is the easy part. If you set the cruise control it will hold that speed without you having to use the brakes. Going uphill, you'll have to get used to the V10 growl. Awesome engines.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #20

ok,boys and girls, I have driven two Fords, v-10, I found the cruise to be a pain
and a good thing. Living in Florida the only real hills we have are bridges.
When I have the cruise on and see a hill coming I just switch it off
till I have crested the hill then reply the cruise. Maybe this is old school
but I don't really care either.

Phelpo

ps I like to keep the warranty as is

Tags