Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #1

3171 fresh water drain???

We are on our maiden voyage with our brand new 3171 DS, and so far so good. I do a question. When I did the PDI, the dealer filled the fresh water tank to run all the faucets. How does one now drain the tank? On both of our previous trailers there was a white valve right on the fresh tank easy to see. On this one I can see what I believe is the low point drain and found a little valve in one of the compartments to open it but I can't locate the fresh water valve. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ned
4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Love My Sunseeker

I have a 3170, which is the Sunseeker line. The 3171 Forester is similar to 3170 Sunseeker. You have to look underneath the back part of the RV, there will be a bunch of tubes with screw caps on them. Those are the low point drains. Oh yeah. You need to have the water pump (red switch) turned on, but don't run the water pump (don't turn on the faucet.). I found that if the red switch was "off," nothing came out of the drains.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #3

Blue & Red Hoses

The little valve on the blue hose should be the cold water drain. My red hose did not have a valve but a plastic cap at the end. On my 3051S they are behind a small door inside a rear compartment next to the water pump and whole house water filter. I found the drain lines by crawling under the RV. But, I had to remove some sprayed foam sealant to expose the end of one hose.

My blue cold water hose drained the fresh water tank without any pump pressure.
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote