I sure would have held off signing anything till everything is fixed. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvstringpicker View Post
I've got a little 2010 32 ft Puma TT I bought from an individual when it was about a year old. It's been fairly trouble free save the DVD player that never worked and a small place in the right corner of the front cap that popped that I had to fix. We've been toying with the idea of trading it for a new fifth wheel. Accordingly, I been perusing these sites for some insight on which brand was the best built and least trouble free for the money spent.
The more I read from these sites, the more I realize the question I should be asking is not which is the best built, but rather which is least sorry built and which you'll have the least number of problems with right out of the gate. One other question. Does anybody know when these companies are going to stop hiring part time, minimum wage folk for quality control? (or do they even have quality control?)
Go to other Forums....Same Old! Same Old!!! Forums are only for those who vent their problems......how many tell how happy they have been with FR.....CC??? J

Old 06-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
Go to other Forums....Same Old! Same Old!!! Forums are only for those who vent their problems......how many tell how happy they have been with FR.....CC??? J
I've been on this forum for over 2 months now. The reason I joined was to learn as much about my unit as possible before it arrived. I like to research everything as much as possible before purchasing, no matter what I buy. As I told BClemens, when my unit arrived, I would post the good or the bad. It's just too bad it started out bad. Just hope Forest River and Camping World come thru and get everything fixed before we go back to finally bring it home. Hopefully future post after we bring our unit home will be positive.
!!!Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!!!
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 PM   #14

Fair enough and well said! I don't think FR wouldn't want it any other way then the truth! Honest customer feedback is vital to be a leader in any industry.

Frank
KM4FVI
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #15

"Happy" isn't the word I'd use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
In reading the feedback from FR purchasers regarding quality and workmanship issues, I think most buyers, who have the skills, repair the mistakes from the factory and "tolerate" what they have. I'm not happy we our Cruise Lite, but we use and enjoy it the best we can. They look wonderful in the showroom, but begin to fold up like an accordian once they're bought and used. In the end, we'll never purchase another FR product, and that's about as honest as you can get!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #16

Believe me, do not take possession of the unit until that slide is fixed.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #17

Don't sign dotted line til all is fixed. Takes long to get fixed after you sign.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #18

I would not have signed the papers and a good dealer would not have asked you to. When my toyhauler came in I was notified by my dealer. He said I could see it but since it had a couple small issues he would not complete the sale until the items were resolved and I was satisfied.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I wish I had known I was going to buy a Forest River before I did...it would've been great to know what I know now before I bought it! (Yes, I still would've bought it!)

I do find it strange that my little $17,000 car (Scion iQ) has has ZERO issues and the owners manuals are super detailed in every way. Yet my $30,000 trailer's manuals leave much to be desired and some obvious problems that were there when it was sold had to be fixed.

Why is Forest River letting vehicles leave the factory with issues? Why are dealers accepting and then selling these vehicles? (If I had a dealership, you'd better believe I'd check out everything coming in!!!)
6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #20

Just a quick note. The slide was working when it left the factory but quit when they were extending and retracting it just before for the walk thru. They didn't get time to do a full trouble shoot Sat.. All they know at this point is that one of the motors on the Swintech slide quit working. Will know more this week when service gets back to work on it.

2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote