Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #1

A/C Fan will not shut off

I have a 2012 Forester with a Dometic A/C and Single zone thermostat. My A/C fan will not turn off in any position (Cool/Furnace/Heat Pump)with fan in Auto. I have followed all the suggestions on different forums and thermostat instructions without success. Can anyone provide possible causes / solutions to this issue?
EACOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EACOMS View Post
I have a 2012 Forester with a Dometic A/C and Single zone thermostat. My A/C fan will not turn off in any position (Cool/Furnace/Heat Pump)with fan in Auto. I have followed all the suggestions on different forums and thermostat instructions without success. Can anyone provide possible causes / solutions to this issue?
If you really have it in auto you need an AC tech. He does not need to be an RV tech.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #3

I had one of mine do that before and it was the control board. Located in the lower part of the ac unit. Needed the model number off the unit to get the right one, that was located on the top unit under the shroud.
Pretty easy change out. If you do replace any part please turn off the breaker before doing anything. Hope this helps.
whitewinghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #4

Fixed

Whitewinghunter, I took your advice and decided to replace the control box. While I was trying to make sure I had the correct A/C model number, I discovered that the control box and thermostat that were installed on the unit we not correct. The box and thermostat were designed for a unit with a heat pump, when in fact the unit did not have a heat pump. I ordered the correct box and thermostat, installed it, and now it works properly. Thanks for the suggestion.
EACOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #5

Glad you got it working.[emoji106]
whitewinghunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan