Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 09:57 PM   #1

A few questions about 2019/2020 Sunseeker 2860

Wife & I are considering a 2019/2020 2860DS, but I do wish it had the inside clothing storage vs the outside kitchen.

1. What kind of slides? Hope it's not Schwintec, it doesn't look like it.
2. IF you have the 2850SLE do you have enough clothing storage in the bedroom? If I took out the TV, could that me storage? What about dirty clothes--where do they go?
3. Where are the fresh & dump tanks located? any of them located aft of the rear axle?
4. How is the drive-ability without any additions?
5. Does anyone have axle weights ready for a trip--iow Full gas, maybe 1/3 fresh water, empty dump tanks, etc. Do you find the rear axle is over spec weight of 9600lbs?
6. has anyone replaced the sofa with theater seating or recliners?

Thanks for any info,
Ron
rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:12 PM   #2

We have a 2850LE, just got it a week ago. Fresh water is under the bed, waste tanks seem to be just pass the axle . It drove real nice with full water, full gas and full propane. Of course the old rv was a 5.4 this is the 6.0 V-10. That's all I can offer at this time.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:16 PM   #3

Thanks Marty for the info. I think most Class C & B+ have the fresh water tanks under the bed. The problem with this is the opposite of the lever effect. The further away from the rear axle the more weight it puts on the axle. IF you are normally going to travel with a full fresh water tank (7lbs/gal) I suggest you get your rig weighed--packed ready for travel. Also--you then will know what psi your rear tires need to be. Our current rig is a B+ on an E450. Our rear axle is over the 9600lb-- packed ready for a short weekend trip and about 1/3 tank of water. The top psi limit for my Michelin tires is 80psi so I can't inflate them high enough to support the load.

Enjoy your new rig
rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #4

2860ds storage

Hello,
I think your post was more about tanks, slides, etc. but here is a thought on the storage issue with an outside kitchen.

The refrigerator comes out fairly easily and can be reinstalled for resale, if you have a place to store it. You could stack plastic bins or make shelves in its space. This is a good space for extra sheets, blankets, towels and infrequently used items.

Both the tv in the outside kitchen and in the bedroom pop open to reveal more storage.

We find shelf storage is more efficient than hanging storage. It is easy to build removeable shelves in one or both closets. (We always try to make reversible modifications in case we want to sell our rig down the road.) We put our clothes in open top boxes on the shelves so the frequently used items are in the front. The whole front box comes out when we need to get the boxes out of the back. We use cardboard because they are light weight and easily replaced. We can also cut and tape them to the size we want. But, you can buy plastic bins if you choose.

If you over the cab space is a bed and it isn't needed for sleeping, it will hold lots of plastic bins of all sizes. Either take them down or secure them well when traveling.

Thanks!
Gracie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #5

When I bought my 2860DS I imagined that I'd be dismantling the outside kitchen in favor of utilizing it for storage. Well, 6 years later, the outside kitchen is still intact. Ever since I first used it, I now won't be without it. The fridge is used to store beverages, even when boondocking and not working because of no AC hookup. The sink etc... is handy when I come back from fishing to wash up and whatever without having to go inside. Plus there is storage behind the tv that swings out and a cabinet that is fairly large. My ham radio gear is also set up in the corner back there.

But, that's me. Everybody is different and has different needs. And to think I asked the salesman to customize my 2860DS when I bought it to a storage area. Glad he said that wasn't possible
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker