Old 03-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #1

A few things missing from 2015 3011DS?

We've had our 2015 3011DS for just over a week now and I am learning more and more about it and spending more time in it and getting through manuals and looking everything over.

I noticed a few things that I think are missing. We have the toilet paper roll holder but not the brackets that it mounts into. Instead I have a set of towel bar brackets but I already have a towel bar installed.

Second, we opted for full body paint but there don't seem to be any bottles of touch up paint. I recall seeing a new Sunseeker with full body paint on the dealers lot with what I thought were bottles of touch up paint inside the cab. Should I have received touch up paint or were the bottles something else?

Final question is do I call Forest River for these kinds of things or should I call the dealer?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #2

In my Rockwood the same brackets are used for paper holder and towel bar.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
GM

Call dealer. That is always your first point of contact. We ship all the paperwork and touch up bottles in the unit. Some dealers pull all of that and put it in a box.

If not, the touch up bottles are normally put in the glove box, center console or door pockets by the paint shop. In many cases they have been in the cup holder.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #4
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Call dealer. That is always your first point of contact. We ship all the paperwork and touch up bottles in the unit. Some dealers pull all of that and put it in a box.

If not, the touch up bottles are normally put in the glove box, center console or door pockets by the paint shop. In many cases they have been in the cup holder.
Purchase is supposed to include touch up paint? Who knew??
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #5

Yes I have a Forster and have the same deal. I am missing the sd card for my GPS. The people at the place I bought it from said the factory said the the card was taped to the back of the radio. Well I looked and no card. The person that I bought it from has been trying to get me the card since December with no luck. Good luck
Old 03-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K Hoffman View Post
Purchase is supposed to include touch up paint? Who knew??
Not my dealer, but I heard from someone else that their dealer was SELLING the touchup paint to the new owners.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
In my Rockwood the same brackets are used for paper holder and towel bar.
My 3051s also used same brackets
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel ritchie View Post
Yes I have a Forster and have the same deal. I am missing the sd card for my GPS. The people at the place I bought it from said the factory said the the card was taped to the back of the radio. Well I looked and no card. The person that I bought it from has been trying to get me the card since December with no luck. Good luck
What radio do you have? Magnadyne or Jensen?

Magnadyne is in the front SD card. Jensen it is behind a little tiny flap in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes you just need to pop it out and push it back in to make sure it is seated properly.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #9

Continued issues like these make you wonder how some of the Forest River lines, qualify their dealers? Any type of training or inspections? How many dealers have lost their exclusive selling agreements in the past 5 years and has FR held themselves culpable or accountable for some of the underlying issues?
Most best in class manufacturers registered themselves to the ISO Quality Management System. As part of the registration/certification, the manufacturer understands and takes action for any quality issues coming from any of their business partners…dealers.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What radio do you have? Magnadyne or Jensen?

Magnadyne is in the front SD card. Jensen it is behind a little tiny flap in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes you just need to pop it out and push it back in to make sure it is seated properly.

It is the Jensen . Model VM9726BT I went out and checked for the 5th time just to make sure that I didn't miss something .I sent a picture of the empty slot to the dealer and so he know I don't have it .We have gone straight to Jensen and we can get the card for 39.95 with shipping ,which is not to bad . But I fill like I paid for it so I would like to have it.I not sure if the dealer is having trouble get it or what.
Thank for listening