Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #1

A few things missing from 2015 3011DS?

We've had our 2015 3011DS for just over a week now and I am learning more and more about it and spending more time in it and getting through manuals and looking everything over.

I noticed a few things that I think are missing. We have the toilet paper roll holder but not the brackets that it mounts into. Instead I have a set of towel bar brackets but I already have a towel bar installed.

Second, we opted for full body paint but there don't seem to be any bottles of touch up paint. I recall seeing a new Sunseeker with full body paint on the dealers lot with what I thought were bottles of touch up paint inside the cab. Should I have received touch up paint or were the bottles something else?

Final question is do I call Forest River for these kinds of things or should I call the dealer?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
In my Rockwood the same brackets are used for paper holder and towel bar.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Call dealer. That is always your first point of contact. We ship all the paperwork and touch up bottles in the unit. Some dealers pull all of that and put it in a box.

If not, the touch up bottles are normally put in the glove box, center console or door pockets by the paint shop. In many cases they have been in the cup holder.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #4
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Call dealer. That is always your first point of contact. We ship all the paperwork and touch up bottles in the unit. Some dealers pull all of that and put it in a box.

If not, the touch up bottles are normally put in the glove box, center console or door pockets by the paint shop. In many cases they have been in the cup holder.
Purchase is supposed to include touch up paint? Who knew??
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #5

Yes I have a Forster and have the same deal. I am missing the sd card for my GPS. The people at the place I bought it from said the factory said the the card was taped to the back of the radio. Well I looked and no card. The person that I bought it from has been trying to get me the card since December with no luck. Good luck
joel ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K Hoffman View Post
Purchase is supposed to include touch up paint? Who knew??
Not my dealer, but I heard from someone else that their dealer was SELLING the touchup paint to the new owners.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
In my Rockwood the same brackets are used for paper holder and towel bar.
My 3051s also used same brackets
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel ritchie View Post
Yes I have a Forster and have the same deal. I am missing the sd card for my GPS. The people at the place I bought it from said the factory said the the card was taped to the back of the radio. Well I looked and no card. The person that I bought it from has been trying to get me the card since December with no luck. Good luck
What radio do you have? Magnadyne or Jensen?

Magnadyne is in the front SD card. Jensen it is behind a little tiny flap in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes you just need to pop it out and push it back in to make sure it is seated properly.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

Continued issues like these make you wonder how some of the Forest River lines, qualify their dealers? Any type of training or inspections? How many dealers have lost their exclusive selling agreements in the past 5 years and has FR held themselves culpable or accountable for some of the underlying issues?
Most best in class manufacturers registered themselves to the ISO Quality Management System. As part of the registration/certification, the manufacturer understands and takes action for any quality issues coming from any of their business partners…dealers.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What radio do you have? Magnadyne or Jensen?

Magnadyne is in the front SD card. Jensen it is behind a little tiny flap in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes you just need to pop it out and push it back in to make sure it is seated properly.

It is the Jensen . Model VM9726BT I went out and checked for the 5th time just to make sure that I didn't miss something .I sent a picture of the empty slot to the dealer and so he know I don't have it .We have gone straight to Jensen and we can get the card for 39.95 with shipping ,which is not to bad . But I fill like I paid for it so I would like to have it.I not sure if the dealer is having trouble get it or what.
Thank for listening
Old 03-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #11
Commercial Member

So this little slot is empty?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jensen GPS card lcoation.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	71162  

Old 03-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #12

Yes I can send you a pic?
Old 03-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
Commercial Member

email mjankowski@forestriverinc.com your VIN and dealer and contact info. No reason to string this out any further working through the dealer.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #14

Thank you for the replies from everyone. Turns out even though the box is labeled towel bar holder it seems to be the same brackets for the toilet paper holder so I have what I need there. And after checking all through the coach including the locations mentioned I still don't see the touch up paint. I will contact the dealer and see if they have them or can get them for me. Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #15

Thanks...guys...my walk through check list just got a few more touch points.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:41 AM   #16

I contacted my dealer about the touch up paint and I was told that they contacted Forest River and they were told by Forest River that not all paint shops send touch up paint bottles but some do.

I was told that Forest River told the rep at the dealer that even though they aren't always provided that Forest River would cover the cost of the touch up paint bottles and all I have to do is go to an auto parts store and buy the bottles and submit my receipts.

Well the problem is the three auto parts stores I went to (all within a few miles of each other otherwise I wouldn't have checked so many), Auto Zone, Knechts and O'Reillys don't have touch up paint except for either generic colors or touch up kits.

Even though there were touch up kits they didn't match the codes I was provided and even then the kits are more than I need. I would like to have the little bottles that I saw in the unit at the lot when I was shopping and I would prefer they were sent directly from the paint factory so I get what it sounds like was supposed to be included.

I'll contact the dealer again and hopefully they will ask Forest River to have the touch up bottles sent from the paint shop. It seems like I'm getting two different stories and this has become more complicated than it has to be. It makes me wonder if the dealer even talked with Forest River since the information posted here from bclemens says it is included.

The reason I want the touch up paint so badly is because the rain gutter on the driver side wasn't painted well at all and is missing most of the silver paint that was painted on the right side.

I considered that it could have been scraped off during delivery but I don't see how that section could have been rubbed off without damaging the rest of the area and everything else with the paint looks good.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 AM   #17
Commercial Member

1. I never thought about all paint shops providing touch up paint. I just know that I have been in units and seen the bottles. But I never look for them, so that info could be accurate that not all provide them. I will verify that and request that they all do in the future.
2. I believe there may be some "hazardous" shipping issues with paint. I know there are some states that we are not allowed to ship paint to. Will verify that as well.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #18

Thank you Brian, that's great information. I hadn't considered any hazardous material shipping restrictions but that makes sense.

Any information you can get is appreciated. I'm so thankful to have your answers and as many have said you are a large part as to why I purchased a Forest River motorhome. Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #19
Commercial Member

I guess that is correct, we do not ship paint. However they should be able to get the paint codes from the dealer.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #20

Mine came with the touch up paint but it had dried up in the container. Contacted FR and was referred to the shop that painted my coach. FR gave me the numbers to give to the painter and they sent me perfectly matched bottles of touch up paint. No Charge. : )
campingtom is offline   Reply With Quote