Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

A Happy FR Camper

We have a 2014 FR Forester 2701DS motor home on a Ford 450 chasie. Bought it new off of the dealer's lot (Mike Thompson RV). This Class C MH always tows something...a 2004 Suzuki XL7 or a two horse trailer (with horses). We have low mileage of around 16,000 miles. We keep it as clean and safe as we can, as long as we can keep the mice and rats out of it..more problems in the engine compartment than in the MH. We have the strongest hitch available, especially for horse tauling. We have the Unitfied Breaking system for the toad and the regular breaking system on the horse trailer. We camp 90% or more of the time without hook ups, so we have a large solar pannel system to always keep our batteries charged. We also have the EEZRV TPMS for the MH, Suzuki and horse trailer, which work great and we love the protection they provide usl
The bottom line is that I really enjoy reading all the comments on this Forum. Very useful, and helpful information for all of us. They all help all of us in so many ways
Just wanted all of you to know that I am a VERY happy Forest River camper.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #2

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Sounds like you really have it dialed in nicely !!!

We are just starting to dabble with Solar; September will see us doing some real boondocking and if we can keep the battery happy then ... you know the drill. We did a LOT of that in our previous TC (longest stretch was 4-1/2 months) but this will be the first go at it without a net, in our TT.

Thanks for the positive vibes !!!

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
Wait till next year...

Nice to hear from a Happy Camper. We are just as happy with our Sunseeker. Not as happy with the weather in New England this year
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #4

It is good to read positive posts !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #5

Agree on the weather in CT. We are also happy with our unit
Old 06-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #6

We love our 38CK Cedar Creek fifth wheel. Took it from Cape Cod Massachusetts to southern CA up to Lake Tahoe and back. Loved it!!!!! And love being on the road with a beautiful home following us. Thank you for the forum and all the skilled campers out there with information and sites to go to. Have a happy, healthy fun camping season everyone (-:
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #7

Fortunately, there are a good number of Happy Forest River owners, either on the road with their units or visiting a campground for the season of camping.
We are Happy, 9 year full timers in our 2004 ,34ft Cedar Creek that has not given us a lot grief or repair problems, other than normal wear and tear or that which was self induced, and is still in A1 shape with several thousands of miles accumulated over that past 9 years.
Members and others usually write in to the forum for assistance for one thing or another, whereas, the happy owners do not have a need to write in but are happy to pass along experiences and/or expertise when it is asked for.
It is my pleasure to be a Forum Member and a Happy Forest River owner.
kenenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #8

"So true , it's great to hear positive people in this world". I also have learned so much from from this forum. I bought a 2017 Forester 2861 DS . "A few bugs here and there, but a real nice Motor Home . It is nice when we all can help each other. Hope to keep learning so much more and hear stories from the road. Hope to see some of you all at the "BIG RALLY [emoji591][emoji591][emoji591][emoji591][emoji591][emoji591][emoji591]. Thanks everyone.. Safe travels...God Bless [emoji631]
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #9

I too am happy
And I remind everyone I paid less (2016 2251) than most folks today pay for their new trucks. And they can't live in them.

Tags
camper