Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #11
Another question, when you purchase the RV, did you pay in FULL and then do the PDI? Or pay a deposit, pay in FULL during the PDI?

I have read somewhere that it is a great idea to pay at least 85% and leave the 15% on the day of the PDI, so that the dealer will do their BEST to fix any issues (if any during PDI), since they want to get paid for the full amount.

What is the common practice at the dealer?

My bank is cutting me a check for the FULL Amount payable to the dealer. So, no way of me just giving 85% of the FULL amount.

Any suggestions on how to normally handle the Payment and PDI?

ADOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #12
$1000 deposit and no payment or paperwork until the test drive and PDI.

2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #13
I agree. Only a deposit until final inspection, test drive and you're happy with everything before you give them the full amount. Once they get your money they are less likely to make good on any issue that may come up during PDI.
Good luck. Did you go with the 2015 or 2016?
1978 Ford Rollalong
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29V
2016 Forester 2861DS (11-13-15)
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #14
Thanks guys. We just got back from the bank. Have the FULL amount written in one check. I will offer a $500 check deposit tomorrow (not to be cashed), and show them the actual check (but not hand it over) so they know we are SERIOUS. Sound like a plan?

I emailed the sales rep this afternoon and asked to make sure the engine is running so we can do a test drive, then I will visually inspect for anything broken or missing, then give them a list.

We are driving 350 miles one way tomorrow, then heading back in the afternoon. I want to do my test drive and initial inspection tomorrow and give them a list of what I find. We are planning on a third trip next Saturday for PDI and actual delivery.

I hope they will agree with the $500 deposit. I am getting nervous on handing them over the FULL payment tomorrow and getting an RV that is not to my full satisfaction.

HopHed, we have decided to get the 2015. I called around and the difference is HUGE between the 2 year models. We like the floor plan of the 2861DS. 2016 is just outside the budget.

Wish us luck guys. This is it. I hope everything works out for the best tomorrow.

ADOR is offline   Reply With Quote