Old 09-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #11
Here is picture of the DL1FC kit for Ford E450s from installed on our GTS. I need to put on back on my hubcaps....

GTS Valve Extenders

I remove my TPMS sensors while parked in the storage lot...

2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:31 PM   #12
Thanks for the good advice. Looks like I've got some upgrades to make when I get home! Thanks to all!

2015 Forester 2401R
Silver Spring, MD
Wormturner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #13
I bought a hose extender kit very similar to the picture that tireman9 posted above and never used or installed it. The manufacturer is phoenix usa and the kit number is aml3, i paid about $80 plus shipping. If anyone wants it, I would be happy to sell it for $50. Just google phoenix usa aml3 and make sure it fits your vehicle and let me know.
mgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:03 AM   #14
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
I had custom metal valve stems installed at a truck tire place. They all extend out far enough to easily inflate the tires. They also accept the senders for the TPMS.
Regarding inflators, my tires take 61 psi, which is more than the air stations at most regular gas stations produce, and way more than the 12 volt units described. I carry a 120 volt unit, max pressure 100 psi
My Slime 12 volt will do 80 lbs and is rated to 150 lbs, but have not tried that high.
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #15
After a tire failure and getting information (thank you Tireman) I followed suit with the extenders and a TPMS system. The cost of 1 month in shop + repairs + tire replacement = $1700. The inner tire failure damaged the wheel well, opening a hole in the sub-floor. The tire failure was extremely violent. IMHO, based on hindsight, I wish I had installed the TPMS system a sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.

Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires