Old 08-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #11
Class C Representative

Do you have the monitor in place of the rearview mirror and Sideview cameras? Or by changing the view of the camera do you mean rotate it up, down, left, and right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #12

I put the Tadibrothers wireless system on or CC 36CKTS. side cams that active with turn signal and rear view/ backup and a front view. The unit took some planning but no wires viewable and use a 7 inch mon on dash mount.

2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Days Camping 2014-96, 2015-130, 2016-126, 2017-42 and counting
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #13
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Do you have the monitor in place of the rearview mirror and Sideview cameras? Or by changing the view of the camera do you mean rotate it up, down, left, and right?

I have the monitor in place of the rear view mirror and like it a lot .It switches to side view on signal change and I like that especially changing lanes. What i was refering to was the rear view camera panning up and down. I like keeping an eye on my jeep cherokee while driving but wouldn't mind an occasional long view of traffic behind me thats why I figure to add an additional wireless camera and possibly connect it to the jenson camera port

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #14

Would you be willing to share what it cost to have that monitor? Even a ballpark would be helpful!
Old 08-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #15
RETIRED

The backup camera and monitor were part of an option Package that included Heated, Remote Exterior Mirrors, GPS Navigation, Dyson Cordless RV Vac with Wand, Surround Sound w/Subwoofer & Black Tank Flush. On my offer sheet they were free(or I suppose included in the base price) the side view cameras were $295. I had seen a 2250 with the rear monitor and camera at $450

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #16
Class C Representative

Sounds expensive but I'll bring it up in tomorrow's meeting and see what's available. You can manually switch to the side view cameras by hitting the V2/V3 button on the monitor.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #17

Ozeek, There are many different camera options. Some expensive and some not so expensive. I have a 42' 5th Wheel. I wanted side cameras as well as a back camera. Because of the length and potential interference, I went with a wired system by Mobile Awareness (Part # MA=LDKS-7.OT [7 inch monitor on the cask of my F350]). The name of the camera package is VisionStat Wired Triple Camera System with 7" Monitor. The cost of the camera and all the hardware, cameras, 7" monitor, cable, etc. was $865.00. Installation is also a cost consideration. I hope this gives you an additional option to consider.
2015 Sanibel 3901
OK-3 Wire...Living the dream
Gonetothedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #18

Thank you all so much--this is extremely helpful--
Old 08-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #19

cameras

On our Georgetown 335 it has side and backup camera, I'll be very honest here the side cameras I very seldom even look at because of the side mirrors. Ours run through a monitor but like you I have a dash mounted radio that the rear camera also feeds to. That is the most important while backing up or taking a quick look at your rear while towing or carrying bicycles. Don't waste the money on the side cameras.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
I put the Tadibrothers wireless system on or CC 36CKTS. side cams that active with turn signal and rear view/ backup and a front view. The unit took some planning but no wires viewable and use a 7 inch mon on dash mount.
X2 on Tadibrothers. They have just about anything you want and you won't get soaked for it like you would if you were to buy it from a dealer or manufacturer. They have wireless and hard wired versions and monitors of all sizes and types. If you are good with wiring I would suggest the hard wired version. Less chance of electrical interference.

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote