Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #1

Advice for leaking roof issues? Forester 2401R

Obviously not a surprise that we have a leak. We bought the unit from Campers' Inn in Philadelphia in June of 2017 (it was a leftover). Our story begins soon after we bought the RV. We anticipated having some problems; it has been the inability to get these problems fixed that has us at the end of our tether. We took the RV back to Camper's Inn of Philadelphia (where we purchased it) on June 29, 2017 for a leak in the roof. They had the coach for about a week. We picked it up and was told the leak was fixed. First rain, the leak was back. We took the coach back on August 9, 2017. This time they kept the coach for 3 weeks. They assured us that they had fixed the leak; the length of time needed was to take cap apart and find/fix the bad joint. We picked up the coach on Sept 1, 2017. It rained last week and the leak inside the coach is worse than ever. We looked on the roof and could see that nothing had been done. The same caulking that was there before was still there (we have pics of before and after). I am not sure what they did, if anything, for the three weeks they had the RV.

Currently, the RV is at the Mercedes dealer getting the fuel tank replaced. They found damage to the electronics due to the water leak. The repair due to that corrosion is not under the warranty from Mercedes. Who will pay for that and future damage (mold and delamination) that will be due to the water?

Before we purchased, we had read that Forest River stands by its products. We have contacted them and the Campers' Inn customer service. Haven't heard anything more yet other than they are sorry and want to help...we'll see. The BBB is our next step.

Any advice at this point?
PA Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #2

I bought a 2016 3011 at this same location almost 2 yrs ago. I had several problems with the RV which all required substantial repair time at the dealer. Most of the time when I got the unit back the repairs where not completed or done incorrectly. I had to escalate to Campers Inn regional management just to get things done promptly and correctly so I suggest you might consider doing the same as soon as possible. Fortunately I have not had any roof leaks to date as I think I would have run into the same problems you are experiencing.

PS. If you are not having any luck getting it repaired at Campers Inn then you might want to try taking it to Camping World as they are also under contract to do warranty work for FR. I had to do that once already and while it was not totally a pain free experience it was better than the service I received at Campers Inn.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, leak, roo, roof