Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #41

re

USSA put us into Progessive
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
What about Good Sam??
Went with Good Sam for a year then they doubled the cost the second year
Covered Class A , car and pick up. Stone hit windshield on car - replace windshield. No tickets. Doubled cost. We dropped them. Our home Insurance Agent recommended Safeco I m weening off all Good Sam offers Roadside et al. Not impressed.
Name of Good Sam not representative of service or intent of business operations in my opinion while the Good Sam Camping Club Chapters are the the complete opposite
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #43

I have been with numerous companies throughout the years. Usually end up back with State Farm. I have a boat, motorcycle, house, travel trailer, rental house, truck and two cars. When I shopped around one would be lower on one thing but higher on another.
Companies like usaa farm out different portions to different companies. So if you have them you might not be covered by them but by someone they farmed your policy out to. When I ck'd with them they were going to use at least two other companies besides them for my coverage. I said NO.
willykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #44

When I shopped. Progressive and Good Sam were twice the quote of my local agent. It is one of the top companies which the others are not.

I have low coverages with a large floater on everything.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #45
Certified Curmudgeon

I am with Geico. But I live in FL which is a no-fault state. That changes the game.

On Sept 10, 2017, Hurricane Irma totaled my Class A. Although I did not have to fight with them, I did have to apply motivational pressure to get them to move.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #46

If you have USAA the you have Progressive. USAA does not insure RVs. They direct you to Progressive.
Mahlstedtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
I have Foremost which is a Farmers company. I’m curious, those that have Progressive, have you ever had to file a claim? We had Progressive for awhile on our cars until my daughters car got stolen. Progressive low balled us on the replacement cost of the car and it cost us a bundle. We quickly cancelled the and moved to Farmers. Never will I go back to Progressive.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:10 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
Tried to add to my USAA Policy and they said they don't insure RV's, They sent me to Progressive but everything is handled on my USAA Website. Maybe they still do Trailers.
All of ours have been trailers.

Bruce
Old 03-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlstedtd View Post
If you have USAA the you have Progressive. USAA does not insure RVs. They direct you to Progressive.
This is not true. We have and always have used USAA for our RVs (travel trailers). We have never had to deal with Progressive.

Bruce
Old 03-10-2018, 07:59 AM   #50

I had Progressive until I went seasonal. They would not drop the collision coverage so I called Good Sams. They got me Foremost insurance which did not require me to have collision insurance at a seasonal site. Saved a lot of money that way. As others have stated, Good Sams is an insurance agent and not an insurance company. I agree that you should check prices every few years to make sure you are getting the best price.
Working with Foremost insurance right now on replacing my totaled (flooded) 5th wheel. So far the process has been pretty easy.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireearly View Post
We are using Progressive. No claims yet, but our premiums seem to be staying flat.
x2 as above and its been 3 years . we even change the insurance from use in the summer to storage and no price change on both truck and roo
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #52

We have GEICO for cars, truck, and camper. Solid, responsive and reasonable.

Marty
Old 03-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireearly View Post
We are using Progressive. No claims yet, but our premiums seem to be staying flat.
We had Progressive for about 3 years,, this year they tried raising it $75 !!!
So I went shopping,,, found that AARP - The Hartford,,, where we have Auto & Home with now has RV Insurance,,, Saving about $180 a year !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #54

My Progressive was $245 last year and they want $355 this year.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
My Progressive was $245 last year and they want $355 this year.
You won't find MH Ins. for that price !!!
MH Ins. & Lic. plates are out of sight !!!

Insurance is one of the things we have to shop,,,
It is nice to be able to be loyal to Co. we do business with,,,
But you can't do that with Insurance Co, !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #56

We have everything with State Farm, which I have been with since the 1970's. Full coverage on two vehicles and the TT is costing me less than $1500 per year. It has increased $120 per year over the last five years.

We've never had a claim on the TT so I can't speak to that. The few times we've had claims on the cars (one rock into the windshield - busted - and one time I was parallel parked and came back to find I had been sideswiped - big scrape down the drivers side (high up so maybe a truck bumper??)) dealing with them and getting things fixed was a breeze.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #57
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
AARP Hartford. I have it for the house, three cars, and the Motorhome. Affordable (was much less than my Geico policy) and customer service has been fantastic. If you are 55+ give them a call.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #58

We had Allied insurance through Good Sam, and recently received notice that the Good Sam Agency no longer had a contract to handle Allied. Since Allied is a part of Nationwide, and we already had other policies with Nationwide, I just asked our Nationwide agent to take over the policy. So far, no problems.
RVBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
We have everything with State Farm, which I have been with since the 1970's. Full coverage on two vehicles and the TT is costing me less than $1500 per year. It has increased $120 per year over the last five years.

We've never had a claim on the TT so I can't speak to that. The few times we've had claims on the cars (one rock into the windshield - busted - and one time I was parallel parked and came back to find I had been sideswiped - big scrape down the drivers side (high up so maybe a truck bumper??)) dealing with them and getting things fixed was a breeze.
I've been with State Farm for 43 years for car and house. I have every discount they offer.

But when I inspected the trailer insurance, I found that they didn't insure the contents........and what little they did, it came off of my homeowners policy!!

So at that point I made SURE to never 'bundle' my trailer insurance with anything else, not even the towing vehicle. Claims against my trailer will be claims against my trailer and nothing else. And I chose content coverage amounts......I chose $12,000.........which cost me, but at least I have it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #60

I have had State Farm since 1966 and have had over $500,000 in claims the last 3 years and they where great. Always keep in mind the premium is important but a claim and how it is handled is really important. We where completely wiped out by a tornado and our claim was handled greatly in every way. We had some neighbors that did not come out so good with other companies and many neighbors that had to fight for everything. One claim can make the difference.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote