Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #21

Howdy,

I'm not certain on your model, but mine is located behind the bedroom TV (TV swings out on a cabinet door) in a cabinet. Sorry, I don't have a photo so you can know exactly what you're hunting for. Look for blinking lights, network cables, etc. mounted to a wall of a cabinet/closet/etc.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #22

Drats, I just checked and not there. Only the TV connections. That would have been too easy!!!! I guess the hunt continues. Thanks for the idea however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutts View Post
Howdy,

I'm not certain on your model, but mine is located behind the bedroom TV (TV swings out on a cabinet door) in a cabinet. Sorry, I don't have a photo so you can know exactly what you're hunting for. Look for blinking lights, network cables, etc. mounted to a wall of a cabinet/closet/etc.
Dog Show Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Show Gal View Post
This looks like the right place to maybe get my question answered. I asked on the tech forum, but it has been 3 days and not one answer. This is what I asked:

"I picked up my new Forester on Tuesday and here it is 2 days later and I cannot get my iPhone to sync with My RV control panel. I can see the RV modem in my WiFi settings on the phone but it will not connect. Called Lippert tech support today and he though the modem needed to be reset. So, where does one find this modem? I don't want to randomly unplug stuff in the RV. I have looked all over but cannot find it, or at least it is not obvious to me."

Anyone???? Having a problem with no power to the Big Foot level system too, but I guess that will be a different thread LOL.
We had a terrible time finding ours also. We have a Forester 2861DS and we finally located ours (with the help of another forum member) behind the Jensen radio. We had to actually remove the stereo (4 screws) and VOILA -- there it was!

Best of luck on your search!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #24
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Any Reviews of One Control

In my Forester the modem and other controls for MyRv are located behind the back wall of the cabinet over the refrigerator. I have a 3171DS. There are screws in the four corners of the back wall of the cabinet. Take them out and then take the panel out, and there they are. Another post said that his was behind the panel above the steps, but I didn't have a removable panel there. The modem looks like a small black modem with antenna on the sides.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #25
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Also, when you look at your wifi signal on your iPhone, do you see the MyRv wifi signal? That is what you need, but I imagine you know that.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #26

Quote:
This looks like the right place to maybe get my question answered. I asked on the tech forum, but it has been 3 days and not one answer. This is what I asked:

"I picked up my new Forester on Tuesday and here it is 2 days later and I cannot get my iPhone to sync with My RV control panel. I can see the RV modem in my WiFi settings on the phone but it will not connect. Called Lippert tech support today and he though the modem needed to be reset. So, where does one find this modem? I don't want to randomly unplug stuff in the RV. I have looked all over but cannot find it, or at least it is not obvious to me."

Anyone???? Having a problem with no power to the Big Foot level system too, but I guess that will be a different thread LOL.

There is a VERY small hole on bottom of one control unit. Use a pin or paper clip and press to reset. I recently did this and unit is fine now.

I lose power to the big foot system and when we undo the two positive coach battery cables and put them back on I have power. I am yet to get an explanation as to why this happens
Kchamp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #27

Seems I need to keep waiting for the dealer to find out for me......4 days and counting on that. It would not be above the fridge because that is where the control panel and fuse box are, which is why I want it on my iPhone because I am short. I too do not have a panel to remove by the steps. I will not be a happy camper if I have to pull out the Jensen radio!!! I am not overly happy with this RV right now and I have not even taken it out of the driveway yet!

I do have the WiFi for the RV show up on my phone, it just gives me a connection error message when I tried to sync up. When I talked to Lippert, the tech said I should reset the modem.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchamp40 View Post
There is a VERY small hole on bottom of one control unit. Use a pin or paper clip and press to reset. I recently did this and unit is fine now.

I lose power to the big foot system and when we undo the two positive coach battery cables and put them back on I have power. I am yet to get an explanation as to why this happens
Did you have a problem connecting to your phone? I know at the dealer they did a reset, but if you say that worked I will do it again.

I saw your post about the big foot power and you have me thinking. If you find an answer please let me know! I am going to mention that to the dealer. Heck I just got it home and may be driving it an hour back ASAP. This is my 3rd RV in 4 years and I was hoping this time it would be a charm. UGH!!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #29

Dog Show Gal,
I cant help on the location of your router but here are few other ideas. First of all it sounds like you are connected to a WIFI connection other than the MyRV systems WIFI, it is not possible to connect to the MyRV in that case.

When you turn off your battery disconnect switch that will remove power from all the MyRV modules, that will effectively reboot all devices when powered back up.

When your trying to connect to the system on your phone have you entered the password from the system label located somewhere in one of your cabinets, or have you been unable to get that far?
You must be connected to the MyRV router not just any available access point.

Take a look at this thread follow post 93 then 92.

Lippert myRV® Tablet Questions!

The bigfoot system can lock up if the battery power gets too low. To reset you must unplug the connector on the rear of the BF control panel and reconnect it after 15 seconds or so to reset.
Disconnecting the battery cables will accomplish the same thing.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #30

Thanks Steve for the information. As it turns out I did shut the battery disconnect switch off to see if I could reset the levelers and never thought to try the phone. Just went out and still a no go. It finds the router but once I enter the password it will not connect to it. The I do this I am totally off my home Wifi and only using the RV system, or trying to. I will check out those threads you shared, thanks. I added a photo of the screen I am getting on the phone.

As for the level system, I guess I will have to do what you suggested. My question at that point for the dealer will be, why are these brand new batteries not charging when the RV has been plugged in for 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
Dog Show Gal,
I cant help on the location of your router but here are few other ideas. First of all it sounds like you are connected to a WIFI connection other than the MyRV systems WIFI, it is not possible to connect to the MyRV in that case.

When you turn off your battery disconnect switch that will remove power from all the MyRV modules, that will effectively reboot all devices when powered back up.

When your trying to connect to the system on your phone have you entered the password from the system label located somewhere in one of your cabinets, or have you been unable to get that far?
You must be connected to the MyRV router not just any available access point.

Take a look at this thread follow post 93 then 92.

Lippert myRV® Tablet Questions!

The bigfoot system can lock up if the battery power gets too low. To reset you must unplug the connector on the rear of the BF control panel and reconnect it after 15 seconds or so to reset.
Disconnecting the battery cables will accomplish the same thing.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #31

Got it!!

OMG I am an idiot. Believe it or not, I really did work for Apple for some time. I read that thread that Steve shared and now I see what I am doing wrong. I thought I had to actually sign onto the modem, but it is not really Wifi so all I needed to do was assign it not log into it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing that link to that other tread!!! YAY, no more pulling out the step stool to get to the panel on the wall. You made my evening Steve!!!!

Now on to the other problem with the levelers. Once that is done I should be happy again. I bought a REV last year and could not stand it for many reasons. I was so excited to actually have a unit (Forester) that I could move around in with 2 big dogs and not turing sideways, still be small enough to maneuver on back country roads, and be way more stable and less dangerous to drive.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:03 PM   #32

Glad your making progress. 1 down and 1 to go!

The Bigfoot system is directly connected to the coach batteries through its own circuit breaker, so the battery disconnect switch will not disconnect or reset the system.
If it locks out it must be manually reset, charging the batteries will not automatically reset the system.

Quote:
OMG I am an idiot. Believe it or not, I really did work for Apple for some time. I read that thread that Steve shared and now I see what I am doing wrong. I thought I had to actually sign onto the modem, but it is not really Wifi so all I needed to do was assign it not log into it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing that link to that other tread!!! YAY, no more pulling out the step stool to get to the panel on the wall. You made my evening Steve!!!!

Now on to the other problem with the levelers. Once that is done I should be happy again. I bought a REV last year and could not stand it for many reasons. I was so excited to actually have a unit (Forester) that I could move around in with 2 big dogs and not turing sideways, still be small enough to maneuver on back country roads, and be way more stable and less dangerous to drive.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #33

Yes, only 1 more to go......until I actually take it out for an overnight where I hope I dont find more problems. There is something to be said for good old fashioned RVs with push buttons and cranks. Good to know about the Big Foot being on its own breaker. I will have to talk to the dealer about this and make sure there are no loose connections. I cannot imagine why the 2 batteries are getting that low. But for tonight I am just thrilled I have the apps for the panel, so am going to savor this moment.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:45 AM   #34

Quote:

You are using the codes on the sticker to authenticate to? I almost through that away before finding out what it was for, my sales guy never reviewed it with us.

2018 Forester 3011DS
2011 Rockwood 8285WS (The Mobile Cabin) traded
2004 F350 SuperCab 6.0TD DRW (Mr. Duals) sold
kijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:59 AM   #35
"On the road again"

Love mine. Sitting here at 4:45 am reading these forums and having my morning coffee when I heard a dog barking just outside our RV. Switched over to OneControl and turned on the scare lights, front porch lights and awning lights. No more barking dog.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #36

Give me manual switches any day.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote