Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
Retired and Loving Life!
 
Alan F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Stone Ridge, Virginia and Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 303
Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Anybody Know What This Switch is for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3525.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	195017

Iím camping at Key West, and the man beside me asked if I know what this button is for. I have no idea. Neither did his dealer. It is a 2014 Forester Class C, which he bought used from Lazy Daze. He doesnít know the Model #, but it had two drivers side slides. I thought it was for some after market add on that perhaps the owner took off before he traded it in. It is on the left hand side just as you enter the door, next to the other control buttons. Any thoughts?

Life is good. Enjoy it while you can.
__________________

Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wilderness CG, WI
Posts: 3,253
Maybe a owner add-on switch for a Suburban water heater electric element. Many Suburban WH's have a switch behind the outside panel and adding such a switch makes it convenent to operate it. Have him turn off the water heaters LP switch and see if it keeps the water hot when that switch is on. Be sure there is water in the WH before trying it.
__________________

__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #3
Retired and Loving Life!
 
Alan F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Stone Ridge, Virginia and Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 303
Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Maybe a owner add-on switch for a Suburban water heater electric element. Many Suburban WH's have a switch behind the outside panel and adding such a switch makes it convenent to operate it. Have him turn off the water heaters LP switch and see if it keeps the water hot when that switch is on. Be sure there is water in the WH before trying it.


I will share that with him. Thank you.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bill and Gail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 328
Just a thought, but some of the previous 2016 Sunseeker/Forester models had a switch like that to the left of the entry door, it was to turn on the outside speakers. My friend had it in his Sunseeker, my later 2016 did away with it. Give it a try, after checking water heater, as Scrapper suggested.
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 855
If near, or even away from, the entrance door, it may turn on/off lights.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 663
Black/grey water tank warmer?
__________________
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears;
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
sgtlm17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Gail View Post
Just a thought, but some of the previous 2016 Sunseeker/Forester models had a switch like that to the left of the entry door, it was to turn on the outside speakers. My friend had it in his Sunseeker, my later 2016 did away with it. Give it a try, after checking water heater, as Scrapper suggested.
That was my guess.
__________________
2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
2011 Jeep JK Toad
Habitual RV Modifier
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
Posts: 90
I'd go with a light switch. A buddy of mine had a simi switch. He put the ceiling lights on in the rig then realized that when exiting he could turn off the lights and then back on when coming back at night. Check water heater also.��
atemplesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Southern MN
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
Attachment 195017

Iím camping at Key West, and the man beside me asked if I know what this button is for. I have no idea. Neither did his dealer. It is a 2014 Forester Class C, which he bought used from Lazy Daze. He doesnít know the Model #, but it had two drivers side slides. I thought it was for some after market add on that perhaps the owner took off before he traded it in. It is on the left hand side just as you enter the door, next to the other control buttons. Any thoughts?

Life is good. Enjoy it while you can.
Porch light ? Some friends had a switch they couldn't identify. After finding and fixing a loose fuse holder it's function was discovered.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
swampdonkey772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
Attachment 195017

Iím camping at Key West, and the man beside me asked if I know what this button is for. I have no idea. Neither did his dealer. It is a 2014 Forester Class C, which he bought used from Lazy Daze. He doesnít know the Model #, but it had two drivers side slides. I thought it was for some after market add on that perhaps the owner took off before he traded it in. It is on the left hand side just as you enter the door, next to the other control buttons. Any thoughts?

Life is good. Enjoy it while you can.
My dealer said our switch exactly like that is for the 120v outlets turning them on or off. Haven't tested that or yet though
__________________

swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
switch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.