Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Awning above large slideout 2017 3011DS.

This is our second awning and the first one did the same thing. It does not roll up properly! The first one had a plastic end piece that broke off. I don't see the end piece on this one either now. Possibly broke off too. Awning is flapping in the wind. We tried stopping to bring slider back out, but that did not help. Frustrating!
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
This is our second awning and the first one did the same thing. It does not roll up properly! The first one had a plastic end piece that broke off. I don't see the end piece on this one either now. Possibly broke off too. Awning is flapping in the wind. We tried stopping to bring slider back out, but that did not help. Frustrating!
To add to our story the slider malfunctioned AGAIN and tore up the 2nd mirror and mirror clips. This is the 2nd time since owning it. Please let us know if anyone else has had this problem.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Here are some pics. As you can see the slider comes in too close to the mirror and wall. Very upset now! Now we are on 14 years bad luck!Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_083855.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	191351Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_082408.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	191352
Old 11-14-2018, 04:05 AM   #4

Of the slide is catching the mirror your rv is not level. Had the same problem once parked at an inclined parking lot for a night's rest.
Azzy1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:00 AM   #5

We had a problem with the slideout on our new camper during the PDI. The techs worked on it initially by adjusting the slideout track gears. This resulted in a noticeable slant with the floor length greater than the slideout roof length. This could be your issue if you’re level. Check and see if the gears on the tracks look like they’re adjusted evenly.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #6

Thank you for responses. Our rv was in the level mode when this happened. At least, that is what the leveling system said on the panel by the door.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:13 AM   #7

I’m a little late to the conversation but I have the same problem with my mirror and slide. The slide was adjusted under warranty when we got it new because of this issue but it never really seemed to fix it. We haven’t broken our mirror but the wood trim on the inside of the slide and the clamps that hold the mirror have all been damaged. I’ve noticed they don’t seem to install a mirror there anymore on the 3011. I’ve considered removing my mirror just to make sure we don’t damage the trim anymore but we actually use that mirror when several people are getting ready in the morning. The damage to be trim was bad enough that it came off completely and even broke the top corner decorative trim. I’ve had to glue the broken piece and nail the trim back in and reattach the clamps for the mirror.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORvideoguy View Post
I’m a little late to the conversation but I have the same problem with my mirror and slide. The slide was adjusted under warranty when we got it new because of this issue but it never really seemed to fix it. We haven’t broken our mirror but the wood trim on the inside of the slide and the clamps that hold the mirror have all been damaged. I’ve noticed they don’t seem to install a mirror there anymore on the 3011. I’ve considered removing my mirror just to make sure we don’t damage the trim anymore but we actually use that mirror when several people are getting ready in the morning. The damage to be trim was bad enough that it came off completely and even broke the top corner decorative trim. I’ve had to glue the broken piece and nail the trim back in and reattach the clamps for the mirror.
Thank you for responding. We ended up taking off the mirror with the mirror clamps. We found square thin mirrors at IKEA and we glued them onto the walls where the clamps made holes in the wall to cover the holes. Our trim is also pulled out on the slider. Now we know we are not alone. The slider is made too close to that wall. I guess after waiting months for the first "fix" it was never done. All they did was replace the mirror. What a shame.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank you for responses. Our rv was in the level mode when this happened. At least, that is what the leveling system said on the panel by the door.
Just to be certain, you may want to get a small level and check your leveling system against it if you haven't already.

Our Bigfoot system showed that our Forester was level when it obviously was not. I drove to a parking lot that was actually level front to rear and side to side according to the 2 foot level I placed on the floor.

I reprogrammed the Bigfoot system per the easy instructions in the owner's manual and all was well afterward.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
Just to be certain, you may want to get a small level and check your leveling system against it if you haven't already.

Our Bigfoot system showed that our Forester was level when it obviously was not. I drove to a parking lot that was actually level front to rear and side to side according to the 2 foot level I placed on the floor.

I reprogrammed the Bigfoot system per the easy instructions in the owner's manual and all was well afterward.
Thank you for that advise.

Tags
awning, forester, slide