Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #1

Beware...Storage Compartments Pulling Away From Sides.

Check your storage compartments. We have a Forester 3011 and discovered that the last storage area on the driver side is pulling away from the side. Looking on the Sunseeker section have found others with the same problem. DH thinks he fixed the problem. Have any of you Forester owners had this issue? Leaving in a couple days for a month or we would take it in for warranty work.

Sent from my MB886 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Black or gray compartments? The black tend to vary at temperature more so than the gray which is why we switched everything to gray. They seem to be more stable.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #3

Our are black of course

Sent from my MB886 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Commercial Member

lol... that's not a bad thing. Every other mfg uses the black as well. We were just sending way too many of them back due to shrinkage. We only used the ones that met our tolerance. Again, that's why we switched to gray...not because of any issue like this.

Sorry, also realize there are two threads going on this. That back compartment has to have the weight distributed and secured, otherwise it will bounce.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
Tinkerer and Putterer

Mine is grey and it is pulling away on the drivers side in the rear compartment. I didn't post here because I have a an appointment in a few weeks to get it fixed at the factory. The attachments on the side appear to push out against the wood and have pulled out from the exterior board. I thought I would add a ping to this thread since I am seeing the same issue.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:07 PM   #6

frank & Eve, how did he fix it? mine is not even a week old yet and I just noticed this yesterday.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
frank & Eve, how did he fix it? mine is not even a week old yet and I just noticed this yesterday.
Sorry to hear you are having problems too.....what he did was put a bunch more screws in it. Using clamps to hold it together while putting them in. Seems to be holding up alright. Noticed the other day that the other side is starting ;( There is a post on the Sunseeker section with pictures of how that guy fixed his if you can find it. Seems to be a common problem.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #8

I used a couple of blind rivets to close the gap on mine last year. I used black silicon RTV to seal the gap. No more problems...

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #9

re-checked mine. ?It was the passenger side. No screws popped out but looks like a lot of tension a pulling between the screws some space showing after last screw. ?Filled the space with Great stuff. .hope t,hat is all that is needed.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #10

I had the same problems with the plastic storage compartments pulling away from the sides on my 2013 3011DS. I added a piece of 1 inch wide 1/8 inch thick steel for the length of the plastic where it is fastened to the outside. I fastened the steel reinforcements in place with the original screws. Now there are no gaps and no pulling away from the outside walls. The manufacturer should have done something like this to begin with.
mchauvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage