Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #1

Big Foot Levelers Too Low?

Recently bought 2013 with factory installed Big Foot levelers Am concerned about bumping or dragging them on dips or driveways as the rear ones are just 7 1/2 above the ground. Anyone had problems with this? Thanks all.
Golfmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #2

Ours are 8" and we asked the same question

Ours are @ 8" and we called BigFoot - they said the jacks were in spec. We haven't had too much issue with them hitting but do have to watch those bumps. You might want to check your tire pressure, too.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #3

I have not measured mine but I am hoping the rear air springs help with the jack clearance. My first trip is the last week of June for four months in N.C.
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #4

Same. No problems so far. We also bought a warranty that will replace them if we rip them out of the bottom on a rock (or so said the dealer). I'm personally going to hope we never have to test that theory.

The long rear deck is WAY more of a problem than the height of the Bigfoots - which we love.

I will suggest thought, that you learn how to zero them, as our dealer did that to our floor, but we found that other things are, in fact, very slightly out of level with the floor - and that is a pain for drawers, and fridge in particular. We've slightly altered the zero so that the fridge closes without a shove (which it should do when level).
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote