Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #11
Same here - auto leveling is the way to go.

2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #12
Yep. A must have for me.

Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #13
I keep going back and forth whether or not I want to pay upwards of 3 grand for a set of auto levelers on a new camper. Every camp ground I have been to seems to have pretty close to level sites. I have to do minimal leveling.
Seems to be enough threads on the various rv forums asking for help concerning problems with the auto levelers.
I have two crank down stabilizer jacks that come down out of the rear bumper and that seems to damper most of the camper movement when someone is walking around.
There are some other stabilizing devices one can purchase to add even more stability if needed for much less than the auto levelers.

I'm trying to find that sweet spot between having some of the nice convienence options on a new motor home but not so many that I'm battling problems from one system or the other.

What do I want vs. what do I need...
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #14
Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots and we'll be there again
IMHO once you have them you'll wonder why you ever thought of doing without. As with everything on the forum many who have problems are more vocal than the satisfied ones. Read the threads with questions about the Big Foot levelers and most will have the solutions spelled out for them. You can call big Foot on their support line for help. If i have time I use ramps to initially level the rig and finish off with the big foot. I dont like the look of the wheels dangling.If your buying a new rig I believe they come with the brackets already set on the chassis so once you have your coach you could always have them added. Relax enjoy the moment of a new motorhome but remember not all sites are level
Mary and Me
2015 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #15
n-e-d, like this?

N-e-d, I do the same and use my plastic ramps first then the BigFoot levelers. Mine aren't automatic. In this photo, I have backed on the ramps and was about to place lego blocks for the levelers. As you can see there is no way the pistons would reach the ground. I gave up as the Lego blocks would have to be about a foot high.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	92366  
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2015 Camping 3 trips 6 nights
2016 Camping 9 trips 28 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #16
Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots and we'll be there again
Just got back from a site on Champlain with a piked elevation. Had the front tires high on ramps and rear end hanging in in space. I carry a couple of 6x6 blocks that double as chocks plus 2x10s and plywood so I was able to get jacks down manually. Didn't use the auto level on that one. Haven't found that dead level site this year. Had a nice view of the lake out of rear window
Mary and Me
2015 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #17
Big Foot Manual Wireless Levelers

I had mine installed at Big Foot last weekend. 3-4 uses so far, so good.

My only negative comment would be the quickness of the "walk thru" after the install. He sort of forgot to go over, or show the receiver under the seat and the location of the emergency retract switch below. But, in his defence, we did talk about those items before the install, just would have been nice.

I do have a very good feeling about the install, and they really seem to be doing everything I hoped for.

So, kudos to Big Foot for an install WELL DONE!!

Luv'in my SunSeeker, Bill
Bill & Kay
Green Bay, WI
2016 FR Berkshire 38A
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #18
Can an auto leveling system be installed on any unit? I just bought our first RV and we took it out for the first time and it was not very level. We have a 2005 Forester

toddlafond is online now   Reply With Quote

jacks, leveling