Originally Posted by jovialjeeper
I called Bigfoot and they said they've gotten a lot of calls from Forester owners. FR had switched to the platinum system but didn't change their literature, so people, like me, felt deceived.
Let me just clarify this, since I was the one that brought it to Bigfoot's attention and it seems like some people (including one in particular) are spewing forth speculation based on bitterness and zero facts. (and I'm not talking about you jovial)
1. Sunseeker/Forester has always spec'd in a full "auto leveling" system.
2. We used to mount the control panel at the dash, Ford said we could not do this anymore so we mounted it to a cord that was placed under the seat so you could use it sort of like a remote control.
3. While a few liked this feature, many felt like it was a poor location.
4. We decided to move the control panel to the entry door.
5. At the same time Bigfoot came to us and said they were going to a new control panel and asked us to "approve" their new color choice (gray and green) which we were fine with. At the same time we were also going to a single pump system to save weight.
6. At NO TIME did we ever ask them to change the features of the system.
7. We test every system. The line knew of no other changes, so they hit the button, the jacks all go down and seem to work as intended as we are on level ground anyway.
8. Either I got a call or I noticed something on the forum that it was not like the old system...the auto button was gone.
9. I confirmed with engineering that we were paying the exact same amount we always had and that we requested no other changes.
10. I called Bigfoot questioning the system. I said that this was not an auto leveling system. He said it was. When you push the button ALL 4 JACKS automatically come down and touch the ground. I said...yes, but it does not level. Bigfoot said, well from there you just adjust each jack to level. I said "but that is not automatic leveling" and he reiterated "they automatically come down". So after this episode of "who's on first". I informed him we never agreed to this and that they would immediately install the system that we have always asked for.
So, it was never anyones intent to make more profit (unless it was Bigfoots intent). We never "forgot" to change the literature as they proclaim. It was not failed QC. The line tested the system, they went down like normal and seemed to level the unit.
WE all know the intent of "Auto Levelers". it seemed Bigfoot was playing a game of semantics. And now you know the REST of the story.