Old 03-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #61
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Pixey, I hope to get mine done in a week or two as soon as the kit comes in. With the Plantinum the front wheels always lift off the ground, even if the ground is fairly level. Have you determined this does not happen with the new kit installed?
The auto system can and will pull the wheels off the ground if it is not level enough. My Concord came with the auto system and I zeroed it. I am used to a much shorter unit, parked the new one where I used to keep the old one and hit the auto button. Hit the retract real quick! I got my transit out and took some readings, the high to low was almost 16" Now I know to pay more attention to just how level a site REALLY is. I have been using messing with the auto system and it seems to do a decent job most of the time. I like the fact that it can be done automatically, or manually if I chose.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #62

I re-read post 15 and it seems very simple, just replace the panel and install the inclinometer. They use the existing cables, is that correct? If so, maybe my dealer can install it while I wait.
Since we do 90% dry camping and I have to manually level anyway, I really wonder if it's worth all the trouble of the upgrade. As I mentioned before, I am very concerned about over raising the coach, especially the rear.
Benagi, have you decided yet?

Sagecoachdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovialjeeper View Post
I originally called the number for Forester service, Mike Jankowski, at (574) 206-7625. He didn't answer, so I think I hit "0" and got a receptionist. I told her I wanted to speak with someone about the levelers on my new MH. She asked the state I was calling from and got me in touch with Brian Meeks. He is the regional guy in the midwest, so yours may be different.

As far as the conversion, Patrick in parts at Bigfoot said you need the "Easy Auto Kit". Part number is M37535. It consists of a new panel, the level sensor and an interface cable between the two. The cable that plugs in to the existing Platinum panel just gets plugged in to the auto panel. They do not replace the four existing cylinders or add additional pumps. Personally, having four pumps, four reservoirs, etc., just seems like that much more that can go wrong. My one pump feeds four cylinders now, and it seems to operate good. He didn't mention anything about the feet. Mine look to be 7".

They evidently have done this conversion on numerous rigs, so I'd be interested in getting comments from someone who had the conversion.
We had ours done and yes all it is is the panel and level sensor added to the existing pump/jacks. We originally had issue with front going too high(off the ground) when it did not need to. I did a calibration on it and it works fine. No issues so far.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I re-read post 15 and it seems very simple, just replace the panel and install the inclinometer. They use the existing cables, is that correct? If so, maybe my dealer can install it while I wait.

Since we do 90% dry camping and I have to manually level anyway, I really wonder if it's worth all the trouble of the upgrade. As I mentioned before, I am very concerned about over raising the coach, especially the rear.

Benagi, have you decided yet?

I haven't decided yet. The DW seems to be comfortable with the system we have now. It's more her unit than ours. She is always off with a girl friend doing dog agility in UT and CO.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:33 AM   #65

How do you calibrate it? DH has only tried the new system in a parking lot, which was fairly level.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:36 AM   #66

Calibrating is very easy. The procedure is in the owners manual. It's only a couple pages of info but if they didn't give you one call bigfoot. The information in the few pages will be needed.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:38 AM   #67
World Wide Wanderer

Here are the basic directions. I have also attached the full manual for you.

I have found it works best to program the system while on a hard, fairly level surface like a concrete pad.

Aaron

Programming the Automatic Leveling System
Turn panel/system on and let system run through its diagnostic mode. Lights will flash
clockwise around the green foot.
When the lights stop flashing, push the button labeled “FRONT” 5 times. Then press the
button labeled “REAR” 5 times. Once you have done this all lights on panel will begin to flash.
This means you have reached in the system what is called zero mode. At this time you can
operate each corner or pair of levelers individually.
FRONT indicator operates the right front.
RIGHT operates the right rear.
REAR operates the left rear.
LEFT operates the left front.
Keep in mind the twisting/flexing of the vehicle’s frame. Try to operate jacks in pairs when possible.
Once you have the coach level, you can now store a new program into the system. To do so, press
the RETRACT button 3 times. If you do not want to store a new program, simply retract jacks in manual
mode to avoid changing the original program (press and hold RETACT & jack button)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bigfoot Level Manual.pdf (3.01 MB, 25 views)

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:17 AM   #68

Wow ask and you shall receive. Just remember many things can be different in your RV such as countertop in relation to floor. When calibrating you should use your refrigerator.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #69

Question, even if I do not have a BIG FOOT system. What are they for if not self leveling? why did they put one on that is not self leveling? that puzzles me
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #70

The platinum that is not self leveling was an error and FR from what I understand will correct or at one time was correcting those units. But non self leveling units can be leveled manually in addition to stabilizing the rig

Tags
leveling