Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
The platinum that is not self leveling was an error and FR from what I understand will correct or at one time was correcting those units. But non self leveling units can be leveled manually in addition to stabilizing the rig
Thank You for the answer, that's a pretty big mistake, talk about QC.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #72

It was explained in a previous thread. It didn't seem to be FR fault except that maybe a lack in clear communication with Bigfoot. FR from what I understand found out quickly and corrected the problem and according to members on this board with the few units affected FR has corrected their units. Things happen but it's how they are dealt with that matters. From what I have heard here FR has stepped up and handled the situation properly.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #73
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Question, even if I do not have a BIG FOOT system. What are they for if not self leveling? why did they put one on that is not self leveling? that puzzles me
You can use a standard manual system for leveling and stabilizing just like the automatic. You just have to read your level and push the corresponding button. Automatic leveling costs more because of the added components. Funny thing is you still need a level with the automatic system to get it programmed.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #74
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Thank You for the answer, that's a pretty big mistake, talk about QC.....
It WAS NOT a QC issue. It was a lack of communication issue between the supplier and FR. It has since been rectified. FWIW I just purchased a 2016 Coachmen Concord and it came with the BigFoot Automatic leveling system.

Aaron

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
It WAS NOT a QC issue. It was a lack of communication issue between the supplier and FR. It has since been rectified. FWIW I just purchased a 2016 Coachmen Concord and it came with the BigFoot Automatic leveling system.

Aaron
I respectfully disagree, FR should know what system they are putting in and it should be tired and calibrated before the consumer gets the product. I do understand that Big Foot did not supply the correct system that FR was putting in and specked but they did not check to make sure it was the correct one. They should have caught this in QC and stopped not after all the complaints that they received. That to me boils down to QC. When FR specks something that should be tested at the factory to make sure it met there specks. This was not done obviously. But now they will have to put the correct system in that everyone bought. This is just an example of QC. I'm also glad they are making the repairs that should never have happened if it was discovered at the plant by testing. That is QC which we all know FR lacks.... now where is my flag
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:21 AM   #76

Thank you, wahoonc!

I do wonder why FR didn't contact the owners of the units who had the incorrect system installed. We found out by reading this forum.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:19 AM   #77
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixey View Post
Thank you, wahoonc!

I do wonder why FR didn't contact the owners of the units who had the incorrect system installed. We found out by reading this forum.
No clue. There is room for a lot of improvement in the RV industry, communications is one area. Coachmen and Dynamax within the FR group seem to do better than average. QC is another area that is suffering across the entire industry. There are also issues with the dealers that get blamed on the manufacturers. Too many people don't understand that the RV industry IS NOT the same as the automotive industry, but they expect it to be.

Aaron

Old 03-17-2016, 09:57 AM   #78
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixey View Post
Thank you, wahoonc!

It's not a safety issue so there would be no recall but FR at least is correcting it as customers bring it to their attention. I must say I had no luck by contacting service at the Forester/Sunseeker plant even with Joshua forwarding my PM.

I had to go to my dealer due to a shorted out transfer switch that almost caught fire(which they are covering under warranty) and had to educate them on the Bigfoot issue. They contacted FR for warranty approval and got the OK. Just waiting for the kit to arrive.

I must say if it had not been for Brian Clemens Bigfoot would probably still be shipping the Platinums to the plant.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Since we do 90% dry camping and I have to manually level anyway, I really wonder if it's worth all the trouble of the upgrade. As I mentioned before, I am very concerned about over raising the coach, especially the rear.
Benagi, have you decided yet?
Wow, I don't think there is ANY reason to not have this issue corrected. The Auto system is a huge plus - and it still has all the manual functions if that's what you want.

Not to mention the benefit to resale as well.

Sage I think you can only think that the manual system "might" be better because you haven't had the fully auto system. I know I'd never go back to something that wasn't fully automatic leveling again. It's a major benefit.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #80

As a related question. I have the automatic unit on my 2016 3011 which I had to calibrate last weekend since the auto mode from the factory was way off. All my big foot and Forester documentation does not include how to complete this process so I had to call Quadra to get that info. Not sure if I was missing something, but once you put the unit in calibrate mode, I only seemed to have the ability to raise the leveler's. I.e If you went just a bit too high on one leg, I could not figure out a way to lower that leg back down a bit. The outcome was that I had to do the calibration several times just to get the hang of it and also to reset the leveler's because I went too high on one leg a couple of times.

Anyone else run into this during calibration?

RVr

Tags
leveling