Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #81

yes when calibrating you can only raise the jacks. Thats ok, if you go to high raise the opposite legs. The unit is just concerned about level not how high the legs are. Yes my unit was a bit off when received from factory. The users manual is in a previous post as a PDF file just print it out for safe keeping. Remember floors and countertops in an RV are not always parallel. Level your rig from the fridge.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:17 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
As a related question. I have the automatic unit on my 2016 3011 which I had to calibrate last weekend since the auto mode from the factory was way off. All my big foot and Forester documentation does not include how to complete this process so I had to call Quadra to get that info. Not sure if I was missing something, but once you put the unit in calibrate mode, I only seemed to have the ability to raise the leveler's. I.e If you went just a bit too high on one leg, I could not figure out a way to lower that leg back down a bit. The outcome was that I had to do the calibration several times just to get the hang of it and also to reset the leveler's because I went too high on one leg a couple of times.

Anyone else run into this during calibration?

RVr
I also had to try to calibrate several times as I would go too high and would have to start over. Once done it has been ok so far.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #83

Well, my assessment after our first trip is I like the auto-leveler compared to the manual system originally installed. Yes it does take a little longer for it to complete the routine. I haven't timed it, but I'd say its less than a minute but it depends on how out of level it is. I did go through the re-calibration. It does seem to vary slightly in the end levelness. I suppose it depends on how anal you are about it being perfectly level. I'd say the few times I tried, using the little flat square bubble level to check, the end result never had more than maybe 1/3 of the bubble out of the center circle. The backup is if I'm not happy with the end result, I just put it in manual mode and give it a tweak.

My vote is the auto-leveling system.

Now I just need to get the slide-out leaks looked at and the plumbing leak at the bathroom sink fixed...
jovialjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:04 AM   #84

Whose the best person to contact at FR to get authorization for the 4 point leveling system. We have the platinum and want it changed out while still under warranty. Also, we have an appt. May 3rd to take care of the Bigfoot system which is leaking hydraulic fluid and is unusable right now. Thx, Ben
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:49 AM   #85

I originally called the number for Forester service, Mike Jankowski, at (574) 206-7625. He didn't answer, so I think I hit "0" and got a receptionist. I told her I wanted to speak with someone about the levelers on my new MH. She asked the state I was calling from and got me in touch with Brian Meeks. He is the regional guy in the midwest, so yours may be different.
jovialjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #86
Class C Representative

If you're going to call warranty, call 574-206-7600. They will ask you your state and put you with the correct Warranty rep for your region.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #87
Citrus County, Fl.

Ben, I just had my dealer call for the auth. After calling and not getting a return call and Joshua forwarding my email and not getting a call it was so much easier to let the dealer take care of it. Took about 2 weeks for the kit and a couple of hours to install it and replace my transfer switch.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Ben, I just had my dealer call for the auth. After calling and not getting a return call and Joshua forwarding my email and not getting a call it was so much easier to let the dealer take care of it. Took about 2 weeks for the kit and a couple of hours to install it and replace my transfer switch.
GL, just called FR warranty back in Elkhart. They said I need to bring my unit to CW and have them take pictures of the system we have and verify my s/n. I spoke to the person in charge of warranty work at CW and she said for now, take pics of the Big Foot panel and my registration, which I did and emailed them to her, hoping this will save me a trip to CW. Will see what happens tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:49 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by benagi View Post
GL, just called FR warranty back in Elkhart. They said I need to bring my unit to CW and have them take pictures of the system we have and verify my s/n. I spoke to the person in charge of warranty work at CW and she said for now, take pics of the Big Foot panel and my registration, which I did and emailed them to her, hoping this will save me a trip to CW. Will see what happens tomorrow.
That should work, any warranty work I did, I sent pictures into the dealer FR are big on pictures, the parts were sent to the dealer and the dealer sent them to me. No use in taking your MH in to have a picture taken. when they get the parts then take it in.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:46 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That should work, any warranty work I did, I sent pictures into the dealer FR are big on pictures, the parts were sent to the dealer and the dealer sent them to me. No use in taking your MH in to have a picture taken. when they get the parts then take it in.

It did work. Got a call from CW today and got the authorization from FR and the order for the parts have been approved. Now if they can just get here by May 3rd, which is when I have an appt. we made a couple of weeks ago for other warranty work.

Tags
leveling