Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
Wandering -- I have a question, what set up did you use to have full access to the fairing for clean up? I work from the top and the sides but still struggle to reach the center over the hood!

Gilm2113

It's a stretch but 6'2" height and my long ape arms allow me to reach the center from my 6ft step ladder. I do most from top & sides also. Only part I can't really reach is about 3 inches in the small area between cab roof and front cap above windshield. Those bugs get to stay!

Forester 2451s
Old 11-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #22

Thanks Wandering, at 5'8" its beyond a stretch for me! I was thinking of two ladders with some 2x12 planks to stand on. Thanks for the response.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #23

We just use water and soft bristle brush at the end of each travel day. Stops build up. We haven't had any complaints from RV parks as long as they know you aren't washing the whole rig.
DrippingDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #24

Wandering I'm about your height I can wax the entire coach with a 8' stepladder and going on the roof to reach middle of front I say 8' it's closer to 7' I have 2015 Sunseeker
Old 11-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #25

Bugs

We have an extension pole
DrippingDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #26

I've got bug splatter that has etched in the film of the overhead have tried Everything I do believe to remove it. No luck. It also looks like the narrow film on the hood is discoloring can not get it clean.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #27
Chief tinkerer

POOL NOODLES! Yep, I read on the innernet that the magical properties of Pool Noodles will..... oh wait, wrong thread...... tip toes away.....

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #28

Just got back from Biloxi. Washed my cap this morning with my pressure washer and Thexford wash and wax and scrub, scrub scrub. Now into the storage yard until my trip to the keys in June. Next month the Love bugs arrive and to hard to deal with so no RV'ing in May
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
Just spent about 5 hrs getting bugs off front cap again. Two week trip to Ozarks, 1800 miles and I'm convinced there are no more bugs left in Arkansas !

Maybe a bug spattered front cap should be a sign of pride ? What do you think?

Attachment 94346

Forester 2451s
I think you didn't come to Southeast Arkansas, or you would know what bugs really are! 3 weeks ago, the gnats were so thick I couldn't get from truck to farm house. Took a microfiber rag, spray bug remover, and 2 hours of elbow grease to get 'em off. In another 2 months, the mosquitoes will be thicker than air. And driving at dusk will be a noisy proposition!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:56 AM   #30
Chief tinkerer

First round trip Atlanta to Jacksonville has made this topic very interesting to me. Yep, it looks like someone peppered the front of our rig. I did put a fresh coat of Meguires on the front before we left so maybe it will be easier to clean? I read and read and dryer sheets or chemicals seem to be the way to go. One guy said that hot hot water works really good. So.... while steam mopping the kitchen floor I had a thought. The meat thermometer under the mop read 170 degrees on high, 160 on low. Before I go out and delaminate my front cap, other than staying away from the decal, does anyone have any experience/advice with this? I do realize that it is a bonded structure and would not risk it if there is any possibility of damage. Anyone?

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs