Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2015, 10:06 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeek View Post
I'm brand new here--my husband and I are in the serious stages of looking at a Forest River Class C--either the Sunseeker or Forester but this post raised a big question--if we buy a slightly used one (5 months left on warranty) does that mean we can only get it serviced where it was originally purchased? In the case of the coach we are looking at, it was purchased in a different state so this could be a deal breaker!
With a used one you stand a very goid chance all of the problems have been taken care of.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #102

That makes perfect sense--they've actually put about 20,000 miles on it coast to coast so it has definitely been broken in. I'm assuming the 5 year warranty on the Chevy part of it is a whole different warranty process, correct? Just take it to where they work on Chevys?
Ozeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #103
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeek View Post
but this post raised a big question--if we buy a slightly used one (5 months left on warranty) does that mean we can only get it serviced where it was originally purchased? In the case of the coach we are looking at, it was purchased in a different state so this could be a deal breaker!
If you're talking about the factory warranty, it's not transferable.
If it's an 3rd party extended warranty, it might be transferable.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #104

Looks to me if they have put twenty thousand miles in 7 months they haven't had much time for warranty repair lot of miles for so few months
Old 08-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #105

hmmm interesting about it being a nontransferrable warranty--I hadn't thought of that-is the same true for the 5 year chevy warranty? Apparently they are here from Australia, bought it new, have been using it to go all over the place and are selling it now that their trip is almost over. The guy (retired mechanic) says the only issue was with the door lock but that is fixed.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:38 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
How about you send me your information and I'll check and see what the issue is. Your unit is under warranty and should be corrected. We won't be able to get anything going until Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thank you again for your willingness to assess Joshua. I have just sent you 5 private messages (related to individual size limitations I had to send 5).
Beach Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #107

I would be worried about in 7 months getting 20K on it. Are you sure it is not rental? Even that would be hard it is like 100 miles every single day. Unless it is a very good price like less than 50% of MSRP why buy it. I bought my 3051S for 60% of MSRP brand new last year. Buyer beware.
Allagante
allagante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #108

Thanks--I think we are abandoning this prospect--We aren't sure of anything----we haven't seen the motorhome yet because the guy and his wife are traveling the US before returning to Australia--he wants an offer (sight unseen) before he will agree to meet us when he is in our area on his way back to CA to return to Australia. (It's advertised on RV Trader). We were thinking of sending him an approximate offer so he would meet us (contingent on inspection) but when I told him we wanted to test drive it he replied that his insurance won't allow anyone but him to drive it (he was also surprised about the factory warranty being nontransferable)--that was the last straw so since nothing seems to be stacking up I just told him to forget it. I think it was one of those "too good to be true" deals--2015 Forester 2251SLE, 20,000 miles he listed it at $47,500. Since they are heading back to Australia they are leaving all the extras they bought for their trip--storage tubs, bedding, kitchen supplies etc. I think we will keep looking!
Old 08-24-2015, 05:48 AM   #109
Wait till next year...

Looked at a brand new 2250 sunseeker(a few options below the forester) at the beginning of the year for $50,000. Think I'd go new for a few bucks more
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:03 AM   #110

The whole thing sounds "shady" to me
Old 08-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #111

Hey, it costs nothing to look. If he has title, valid I'd, car fax report, have a mechanic check it, what the heck! If this guy has to back to Australia he HAS to sell so could be an even better deal the closer it gets to his return.
jz5w63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river, warranty