Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #21

Several years ago, the U.S. auto industry did not produce a very good car. Now, they produce a decent product because Japan, China, Korea stepped in and produced a better product. The U.S. auto industry was losing sales and still are to the foreign manufacturers. So the U.S. auto industry stepped it up. The RV industry needs to do the same.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
1) If they are a Forest River dealer they are certified to work on any unit from Forest River. That doesn't obligate them to. All of our reps preach buying locally, it says it on our websites, and in our brochures. We are not able to Micromanage our dealers so if they choose to practice business a certain way then that is their choice.

We wouldn't ever let a Forest River owner hang out to dry. IF a dealer is refusing work our service and warranty guys have found other certified locations in your local area.

2) On our product we carry a one year or 12,000 mile warranty. Our service and warranty guys are fantastic and are always ready to help. I also keep my phone on my me and try to respond promptly to any Messages, posts or emails.

The FR dealers should be required to do warranty work as part of their dealer agreement, and they should be reimbursed at regular customer rates so they can make a profit.
If they then decline to service a warranty customer, they should be terminated...period!
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #23
Class C Representative

Each dealer has a choice to provide warranty work or not. Not all non selling dealers refuse warranty.

Yes to all the above. Forest River and Our dealers for the most part work well with each other. We do our best to provide the best customer service. Someone is always readily available and willing to help.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Forest River sends out a letter to every owner. We ask that you contact your dealer first, but if those requests are not being addressed or the coach is in too long to email motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

I can't speak for coachmen since that is a different division, but we also post direct numbers and emails on our website.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Forest River sends out a letter to every owner. We ask that you contact your dealer first, but if those requests are not being addressed or the coach is in too long to email motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

I can't speak for coachmen since that is a different division, but we also post direct numbers and emails on our website.
All these divisions of FR are confusing. I was under the impression that this forum was for all divisions of FR. In fact, I was asked to join the forum because of my purchase of a Coachmen Prism. As such, I would assume that FR customers all receive the same level of service. At least, that was what I was told by Warren Buffett, who is touted in the sales pitch as the owner who wouldn't own an inferior corporation.
I never received the letter that FR "sends to every customer" mentioned above. My Prism was bought new about 11 months ago.
If there is a website that lists authorized non-dealer service centers, please direct me to it.
Come on guys, don't be so defensive. You sound like politicians, rather than people interested in providing excellent service. Instead of tooting your own horns about how great your service is, why don't you listen to the hundreds of unsatisfied customers who express their unhappiness on this forum?
For the record, I love my Prism, have had minimal problems, all of which have been addressed (eventually) by Dan at Coachmen customer service. I am relieved that my warranty runs out in about month, so that I can address future problems the way any other consumer would. I'm just making suggestions that would go a long way towards making owners happier.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #26
Commercial Member

This forum is for all of Forest River. however there are sub-divisions within here as well. There is a specific Coachmen forum located here Coachmen Motorhomes - Forest River Forums for more specific info. Again, you are free to view and comment on all threads (and we welcome it). I'm just saying some information is division specific.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Also, below is the direct contact info from the Coachmen site.

Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Click on Class C's. They give phone and email.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #28

It seems to me that dealers doing warranty work will not take the time to solve problems on rv's that are not apparent from the start they do not get paid for trying to hunt down a problem only to repair it and that leads to customers having to go back over and over for the same thing but if the customer is paying time is not a problem
Old 08-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #29
Mod free 5er

From what I've read on this forum, Camping World work is shoddy at best and shouldn't be any big loss to anyone.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #30

Bclemens
Thanks!
Very helpful.
Still would like to see a web based directory of authorized service centers.
Much easier than having to call
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #31

Col. Klink said......

"Very interestink". Seems the independent guy is the way to go and no warranty. I presently have an extended warranty / service contract for 7 years that is 3 1/2 years old (paid $1700). Have not used it. Trouble comes when you are not near dealer, on weekend and it's easier to get it done and enjoy. I'll not buy another contract for that reason now.

I've been on here shopping and have two FR rigs picked out. Local dealer salesman seems to not communicate unless you are standing in front of him/them with wallet in hand. Shop looks nice with stuff parked outside everywhere.

Maybe I'll just wait for the Germans to get in the business like VW.
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #32

Would take it to another rv place CW it could set there for weeks and never touch it. A lot of their so called technicians don't know diddly squat about working on rv's
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #33
Georgia Rally Coordinator

First off would never buy from CW and 2nd sounds like lawyer time when it come to warranty work at CW. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #34
Site Team

We went to our local dealer first. Salesman could not answer some very simple questions on the operation of the unit. His #1 priority was to get an address and phone number then make a sale. He provided a quote that was significantly higher than other semi local dealers and told me I need his top of the line WDH $1300. I checked with several of our camping friends who purchased from them and returned for service and heard nothing but horror stories. Purchased from another dealer. In my case, value of local dealer was zero. Few minor repairs needed so far all of which I handled myself without taking the unit anywhere.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
Josh
FYI, I was told by my selling dealer, who is several hundred miles from where I live, that I could obtain warranty service "from any dealer that sells any FR product (not only Coachmen), including any CW". That was the main reason I was willing to buy so far away. Obviously, not true!
Thanks!
I was told something similar by a dealer near Orlando in 2012. Now I am 80 miles away and the closest FR dealer will not service me as I didn't buy it there.
I did buy one from them 8 years ago/but not the newest one. Now I have to go the 80+ miles to get FR service....would have bought a different brand had I known this!!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #36

After reading all these post I am so happy to have a local dealer ( Orchard Trailer in Whatley Ma. ) that has given me a fair price on the first Rockwood TT and on the trade for a new 5er . Thier service is excellent and when I have called for warranty work they always find a way to get me in within a couple of days . Their shop is always busy .I had a problem at a campsite in Maine , called them and was told to have it repaired and bring them the bill and they would cut me a check . What more could a customer ask for .in the future I would have no problem buying another FR product .
Old 08-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #37

I found a rv repair center when I need a fuel pump for the genny. My dealer was 3 hours away. No issues, just 3 hours. The rv repair service was great. They honored my appointment and handled everything with FR or onan, whomever. Got my unit back as promised, nothing out of my pocket. This is an RV repair and collision center. They only sell used RVs and TTs for private owners for a flat commission.
In light of this conversation, I would start a search for local area repair centers near you who will handle warranty and insurance claims. I think those guys will give the best level of service and do not exclude mobile service providers. If they can't do the work, you can bet they know a place that can. I Learned that from a mobile repair guy that came to my house to replace the awning motor.
I have a great dealer but I also have a great RV repair and collision center that will honor my extended warranty as well.

So, if you are worried about service, seek out these RV repair centers. Oh, I remember, Onan is offering complete RV repair services. They may honor factory and extended warranties. Check out there web.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Have you seen Camping Worlds Trailerlife magazine? I've looked thru it and didn't find any ads or articles on Forest River products. What does this say?
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:55 PM   #39

CW&FR

Garrette that was a onan repair and has longer warranty than 12 months that was who was billed not FR
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #40

Warranty work by CW paid by FR

I have my 2015 Columbus in for a leaking fresh water tank
All the insulation had to be removed and replaced. It has been there two weeks now.
They are working on it under warranty I'm told that FR gives them a hard time when it comes to paying them for the actual hours it takes.
We do not know this for sure but if that is true, it only filters down to us the owners. CW appears to be trying to me but time will tell. Oh I did buy it at CW. I think that there are so many problems in general with the units, they may only have time for units they sell. Remember some sales people will tell you anything to get you to buy from them.
cal1951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river, warranty