Old 08-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #21

Several years ago, the U.S. auto industry did not produce a very good car. Now, they produce a decent product because Japan, China, Korea stepped in and produced a better product. The U.S. auto industry was losing sales and still are to the foreign manufacturers. So the U.S. auto industry stepped it up. The RV industry needs to do the same.

txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
1) If they are a Forest River dealer they are certified to work on any unit from Forest River. That doesn't obligate them to. All of our reps preach buying locally, it says it on our websites, and in our brochures. We are not able to Micromanage our dealers so if they choose to practice business a certain way then that is their choice.

We wouldn't ever let a Forest River owner hang out to dry. IF a dealer is refusing work our service and warranty guys have found other certified locations in your local area.

2) On our product we carry a one year or 12,000 mile warranty. Our service and warranty guys are fantastic and are always ready to help. I also keep my phone on my me and try to respond promptly to any Messages, posts or emails.

The FR dealers should be required to do warranty work as part of their dealer agreement, and they should be reimbursed at regular customer rates so they can make a profit.
If they then decline to service a warranty customer, they should be terminated...period!

Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #23
Class C Representative

Each dealer has a choice to provide warranty work or not. Not all non selling dealers refuse warranty.

Yes to all the above. Forest River and Our dealers for the most part work well with each other. We do our best to provide the best customer service. Someone is always readily available and willing to help.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #24
GM

Forest River sends out a letter to every owner. We ask that you contact your dealer first, but if those requests are not being addressed or the coach is in too long to email motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

I can't speak for coachmen since that is a different division, but we also post direct numbers and emails on our website.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Forest River sends out a letter to every owner. We ask that you contact your dealer first, but if those requests are not being addressed or the coach is in too long to email motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

I can't speak for coachmen since that is a different division, but we also post direct numbers and emails on our website.
All these divisions of FR are confusing. I was under the impression that this forum was for all divisions of FR. In fact, I was asked to join the forum because of my purchase of a Coachmen Prism. As such, I would assume that FR customers all receive the same level of service. At least, that was what I was told by Warren Buffett, who is touted in the sales pitch as the owner who wouldn't own an inferior corporation.
I never received the letter that FR "sends to every customer" mentioned above. My Prism was bought new about 11 months ago.
If there is a website that lists authorized non-dealer service centers, please direct me to it.
Come on guys, don't be so defensive. You sound like politicians, rather than people interested in providing excellent service. Instead of tooting your own horns about how great your service is, why don't you listen to the hundreds of unsatisfied customers who express their unhappiness on this forum?
For the record, I love my Prism, have had minimal problems, all of which have been addressed (eventually) by Dan at Coachmen customer service. I am relieved that my warranty runs out in about month, so that I can address future problems the way any other consumer would. I'm just making suggestions that would go a long way towards making owners happier.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #26
GM

This forum is for all of Forest River. however there are sub-divisions within here as well. There is a specific Coachmen forum located here Coachmen Motorhomes - Forest River Forums for more specific info. Again, you are free to view and comment on all threads (and we welcome it). I'm just saying some information is division specific.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 08-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #27
GM

Also, below is the direct contact info from the Coachmen site.

Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Click on Class C's. They give phone and email.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #28

It seems to me that dealers doing warranty work will not take the time to solve problems on rv's that are not apparent from the start they do not get paid for trying to hunt down a problem only to repair it and that leads to customers having to go back over and over for the same thing but if the customer is paying time is not a problem
Old 08-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #29
Mod free 5er

From what I've read on this forum, Camping World work is shoddy at best and shouldn't be any big loss to anyone.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #30

Bclemens
Thanks!
Very helpful.
Still would like to see a web based directory of authorized service centers.
Much easier than having to call

Tags
camping, forest river, warranty