Old 08-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Think of it this way, the warranty is only good for a year, not two like some other manufacturers, so once your unit is older than a year then dealers not wanting to do warranty work is no longer an issue!!
True, but for me anyway any dealer who refused to do warranty work because it was not bought from them will never do ANY work on my RV. The only way anyone in this industry will change how they do things is if the have to change to sell units.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #62
Site Team

I have been so blessed. Tried to buy a flagstaff with the floorplan of my rockwood at a Bossier City dealer. They could not get one in. After several visits and several months, we found the rockwood at a Longview, Tx dealer. Needed some warranty work and the Bossier City dealer said "Sure. Bring it on in." They did excellent work. I later bought my 3 slide toppers from them and they installed them just right. Now I have an appointment for accidental damage repair on August 29. I anticipate nothing but good service. So thankful. BTW, the Bossier City dealer is Bayou Outdoors Super Center and the longview dealer is Hayes RV. I recommend both.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #63
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
From the tour I took last week I saw a lot of issues corrected at the end of the production line. One thing should be noted and that is the plant we toured was one of the longest one producing tt so more pride there than say newer plants that do not employ as many Amish folks. The plant we visited was im Millersburg where some of the folks are 3rd gen employees. I think the QC is much better there than other plants. Later RJD
Next year, schedule the PDI facility tour.

After the FACTORY does their own PDI, the PDI Facility Inspectors (with no notice) randomly pull 5-10% of the production units from every factory and do a 100% inspection of the product that was going out to the dealers.

If any defects are noted that indicate a problem in employee training, unit design, or vendor shortcomings, the line is shut down until the trending defect is identified and corrected.

For example, if there are air leaks on the right side windows but not the left, an employee may need additional training on the proper sealing technique.

AWESOME FACILITY. Just wish they could do all of them but even the Navy does not do 100% Article inspection except for life critical components and even then they drop the inspection percentage schedule when there are no defects found and they become "proven vendors".

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:11 AM   #64

Factory PDI

U.S. fines Berkshire's Forest River RV unit for delaying recalls | Reuters

So how did 200 palominos built in 2014 make it out of the factory without an exterior furnace duct? How do I get a trailer with no porch light? Or a waterpump with a kinked line from the tank? Why does one of the better facilities have to correct a host of problems at the end of the line?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #65
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
U.S. fines Berkshire's Forest River RV unit for delaying recalls | Reuters

So how did 200 palominos built in 2014 make it out of the factory without an exterior furnace duct? How do I get a trailer with no porch light? Or a waterpump with a kinked line from the tank? Why does one of the better facilities have to correct a host of problems at the end of the line?
All good questions I wish I had answers to.

Perhaps the PDI facility we toured was part of the fix to "self inspection" at the plants being dependant on middle managers trying to become upper managers.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #66

Camping world will no longer do forest river warannty work

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Colman View Post
The problem started with On-line wholesalers, posing as dealers. Customers start an on-line relationship with the wholesaler, mainly because of a lower price. Customer is sent to local dealership to do their shopping. Local salesperson (usually commissioned) does their best to sell the unit. Then customer buys it from wholesaler.. Customer has a warranty issue, calls wholesaler, who tells them to take it to local dealer. Why would the local dealer want to service this unit unit under warranty? Answer is they don't. The wholesaler made the profit on the front end & there is no profit in warranty work !
I found Forest River at local RV show, not being told by a wholesaler to go check out product at the local dealer. I was driven to look online by the way the local dealer did business and their extreme over pricing. I found two dealers with large facilities which did online selling. They ended up being within a $1K of each other on exactly what I wanted. The one I choose sells over 2500 RVs a year and has a nationwide network of local people who do warranty work for them. So I do no think they are posing a dealer. They resolved several quality issues on my 3051 while under warranty. If local dealers act like idiots why do business with them? Go to real professionals that do business right. The old saying Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered. How is your local dealer sticking their nose in the trough?
Allagante
Old 08-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by allagante View Post
Called local Camping World to make an appointment to check out a slide problem.
Was first ask if it was warranty or customer paid. So I ask why and was told that new corporate policy was that CW would not do Forest River Warranty work unless you had bought the motorhome from them. I had had warranty work done there before and did not buy from them.
Well my one year warranty was up in June and now have a slide problem.
So told them it would be customer paid so they could make an appointment which was over a month from now to get it checked out.
So not sure if they are that busy or their way of punishing people that did not buy from them.
So it looks like CW will no longer be my first choice for anything for the motorhome.
Anybody else run in to this issue? Would hate to be on the road somewhere and not be able to get something fixed.
Seems like Forest River would not have dealers with that kind of mindset and would require to be a dealer they have to do any warranty work requested.
Allagante
We had our trailer in to Camping World for some warranty work last November.. I would say that Forest River doesn't want to pay for the work being done.. That was the issue Camping World was having when we were there.
With all the problems we have had with Forest River Rockwood trailer.. I would never refer anyone to do business with them.
Good Luck..
Old 08-19-2015, 04:51 PM   #68

This question is for Joshua Cavitt my Sunseeker has been at CW for going on 12 weeks this summer all summer except one week camping it is still there no major repairs just a large list of small things and part orders who would be the blame for this CW or FR I'm sure you could pull up the repairs that needed to be done my warranty ends in September and I haven't used the RV probably will have more items once I get to really use it shouldn't FR or CW extend the warranty or at least pay for a week of camping at Myrtle Beach when I go to pick my RV up
Old 08-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
This question is for Joshua Cavitt my Sunseeker has been at CW for going on 12 weeks this summer all summer except one week camping it is still there no major repairs just a large list of small things and part orders who would be the blame for this CW or FR I'm sure you could pull up the repairs that needed to be done my warranty ends in September and I haven't used the RV probably will have more items once I get to really use it shouldn't FR or CW extend the warranty or at least pay for a week of camping at Myrtle Beach when I go to pick my RV up
Myrtle Beach has two CWs and when I was there (Myrtle Beach/CW) neither had any parts that I needed to do repairs to my FR. They (CW) will give you a phone numbers to local RV repair people that can help you though.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #70
Class C Representative

Boso between Travis Logan and I we have both been in contact with you and accommodating to your needs and have a record of what you needed done. If it's not being done in a timely fashion you need to contact the dealer first then Travis or myself again.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river, warranty