Old 08-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #71

Talked to dealer last week waiting on parts I haven't been rushing them because I want the work done right but it has been a long time for repairs does parts usually take this long I had another to take two months but they replaced fiberglass roof on 40' motor home and repainted and buffed the entire coach and added all kinds of upgrades that was in Indiana at the factory if it is not finished this week I will call Travis I did send service manager text today Thanks Joshua

Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #72
Class C Representative

I'll get with Travis tomorrow and give you an update.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #73

This could all just be some positioning by CW to possibly leverage their retail position.

We may see this all end in a few weeks.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:25 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Next year, schedule the PDI facility tour.

After the FACTORY does their own PDI, the PDI Facility Inspectors (with no notice) randomly pull 5-10% of the production units from every factory and do a 100% inspection of the product that was going out to the dealers.

If any defects are noted that indicate a problem in employee training, unit design, or vendor shortcomings, the line is shut down until the trending defect is identified and corrected.

For example, if there are air leaks on the right side windows but not the left, an employee may need additional training on the proper sealing technique.

AWESOME FACILITY. Just wish they could do all of them but even the Navy does not do 100% Article inspection except for life critical components and even then they drop the inspection percentage schedule when there are no defects found and they become "proven vendors".
You can't inspect in quality. That's what the auto industry used to do and we all know how lousy NA cars used to be. Required are standard practices, error proofed components and assemblies built with modern equipment and statistical controls. You can't hammer 2x4's and call it a great trailer!
Old 08-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
1) If they are a Forest River dealer they are certified to work on any unit from Forest River. That doesn't obligate them to. All of our reps preach buying locally, it says it on our websites, and in our brochures. We are not able to Micromanage our dealers so if they choose to practice business a certain way then that is their choice.

We wouldn't ever let a Forest River owner hang out to dry. IF a dealer is refusing work our service and warranty guys have found other certified locations in your local area.

2) On our product we carry a one year or 12,000 mile warranty. Our service and warranty guys are fantastic and are always ready to help. I also keep my phone on my me and try to respond promptly to any Messages, posts or emails.
Hi..I have a 2012 Rockwood ultra light 26' travel trailer.. I have had nothing but problems with this trailer! a real Lemon! The dealer we bought from was HORRIBLE! did very little to take care of warranty work.. Santa Rosa RV in Santa Rosa, CA.. I am surprised that they can keep their "franchise" through Forest River! I even had to go to Channel 7 on your side to get work done! Even the Forest River warranty agent to get him to respond! Our band new trailer was in the shop for 14 months the first 2 years we had it! What a nightmare! We still have major problems with this new trailer.. The axle system is way under capacity for the weight of the trailer! each axle is 3000 pounds.. equals 6000 pounds. DRY WEIGHT OF TRAILER IS 5784#'s... by the time you add the batteries, propane and water.. we are over 6200#'s.. we are already over capacity and have not even loaded our personal items.. We are experiencing horrible swaying with this independent suspension that is way under rated! So dangerous and horrible safety issue!! We are trying to get some kind of resolve with FR.. These axles should be at least 4500#'s each! or more?! I am no expert, but this is a hell of a safety issue! Not sure that CW is a problem.. Know FR is..
Old 08-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #76
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSwesey View Post
The axle system is way under capacity for the weight of the trailer! each axle is 3000 pounds.. equals 6000 pounds. DRY WEIGHT OF TRAILER IS 5784#'s... by the time you add the batteries, propane and water.. we are over 6200#'s.. we are already over capacity and have not even loaded our personal items.. We are experiencing horrible swaying with this independent suspension that is way under rated! So dangerous and horrible safety issue!! We are trying to get some kind of resolve with FR.. These axles should be at least 4500#'s each! or more?! I am no expert, but this is a hell of a safety issue! Not sure that CW is a problem.. Know FR is..
Could you post a photo of your yellow sticker (block out the last 7 of your VIN).

I do know that the axles should be rated for the maximum expected load on the axles not the entire GVWR of the camper. Usually for a travel trailer that means at LEAST 10% of the total maximum weight is expected to be carried by the towing vehicle.

I also know that (especially with Ultralites) that too heavy an axle will shake your camper apart. It is a fine dance to put an axle heavy enough for the maximum load and yet not transmit every pothole to your electronics, dishes and cabinetry (and still be towable with your "go to work" vehicle).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #77

I have been a member of this forum, and others like it, for quite a while. I have never seen a thread with this many replies, nor with such longevity.
It has obviously struck a nerve in this community.
Apparently, these issues of quality control, allegedly shoddy workmanship, availability of convenient warranty repairs, and poor dealerships are widespread. The specific details of which dealers, etc. are not as important as the general problems.
My sense from the responses from the FR reps on this forum is that they are honest people trying their best to do an impossible job; that is, trying to convince angry and dissatisfied customers how mistaken they are about their complaints.
It's obvious to me that the complaints are based on genuine problems most of the time. The writers are, for the most part, not simply whiners or uninformed.
Instead of trying to convince everyone, against evidence to the contrary, how wonderful FR, and the RV industry in general is, I suggest you take the complaints seriously, and to the top, where the potential answers lie. Perhaps Warren Buffett would like to post a reply. As I said in a previous post on this thread, part if the sales pitch to me was that FR was owned by Buffett, and everyone knows that he would never own an inferior company.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #78
GM

Oh, wow. So many posts so little time.

There are longer threads...just take a look at the 38 page Hellwig thread.

As for...
"trying to convince angry and dissatisfied customers how mistaken they are about their complaints" That is a complete misunderstanding or misrepresentation of the facts.

I think Herk7769 has been on here a little longer than all of us, and I respect his post #49. I think he is a better gauge of what our intentions are and has seen customers at their wits end walk away happy customers when we get involved...or simply just put them with the right people.

I am not going to stand here and say we are perfect. FR and the industry are not. But to imply that we sit around convincing people they are wrong while we turn a blind eye to fixing the problem is a complete crock.

I personally met a customer in our service facility here at Dynamax this morning. She was using our washer and dryer, sitting on our couch watching TV with her dog while we repaired some things (we have a house as a guest waiting area). She was at her wits end with the dealer, was getting nowhere so we scheduled her in. We have not only fixed items that were damaged (who knows why) but some things that were not. She was in tears on the phone and was smiles after two days here. That dealer will never receive another product from us. BUT, this stuff does not happen over night. We have to work with our dealers, try and improve the relationship and training. If we canceled every dealer that was not great for one customer or another we would be out of dealers.

We have a team of service people going around the country meeting with dealers to improve customer service. We are having discussions with dealers about service & warranty flat rates to make sure THEY are doing things in appropriate amount of time and that WE are paying an appropriate rate. If they don't like the warranty rate, we have a procedure for changing it.

Reps are not going to come on here and badmouth dealers and tell you every corrective action we are taking with dealerships on the sales or service side. But that does not mean it is not happening. I'd also like to see what evidence someone has that I, or Josh for that matter, do not take these complaints seriously. If we did not, we would not be on this forum in the first place. It's not a FR forum, we get no pay for doing this. It is ONLY because we take these complaints seriously and want to improve the product.

Another member posted this...
"So how did 200 palominos built in 2014 make it out of the factory without an exterior furnace duct? How do I get a trailer with no porch light? Or a waterpump with a kinked line from the tank? Why does one of the better facilities have to correct a host of problems at the end of the line?"

For as much as we talk about how great the automotive industry is...how do we have 1.3 million Toyotas being recalled for airbag issues or Chrysler being hit with the largest fine in the history of NHTSA. These things are still designed/built by humans and we are inherently flawed.

I am not trying to whitewash this as if we don't have issues in the industry. There are some really great dealers out there and they would not turn away any warranty work. That's part of what makes them a great dealer. There are also some bad dealers...but I don't think the sky is falling. I think (as has been said many times on here before) the bulk of what you see online are complaints. Its because when someone has a complaint, they find an outlet to complain. When someone is enjoying their product, they....well, enjoy the product. They're typically not running to the computer to spread the word. (this forum being a partial exception).

Anyway. Rant over, I will step down from my soapbox. But I have always believed...if its worth doing, its worth doing right (and with passion).

But, I see "FR reps" (which I am one of) and a general (incorrect) claim about my intentions...I tend to get a little riled up. I apologize.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #79
Mod free 5er

Well put bclemens!
Old 08-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #80
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Well said Bclemens, and I, as many others, applaud your willingness to help all those on this forum. I have a friend who has an 11mo old Thor MH that he can't wait to get it back from his dealer/factory to sell it and buy a FR. He has had to "borrow it" from the dealer (CW) since he bought it new.

Tags
camping, forest river, warranty