Old 08-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #81
Bclemens, your points are well taken, and I believe well meaning. I did, after all, say that I believed you and the other reps were honestly trying to do your jobs.
Unfortunately, I still don't think you get it. To compare the RV industry in general, and FR in particular, to the auto industry is ridiculous. Can you imagine an auto industry where a substantial number of customers have to take their brand new product into a shop several times in the first year for warranty work, and have to search through web sites and make numerous phone calls to national customer service reps to find a place willing to do it? How many auto makers would survive with that kind of track record?
Regarding complaints, it is obviously true that more people with complaints will go on line than satisfied customers. However, it seems to me that RV forums have more complaints than most others. I used to own a very complicated cruising boat that has an on line forum (I still read it) Almost all the threads are simply owners helping other owners. Rarely are there complaints about workmanship, service, etc. although cruising boats are way more complicated, and travel further in much more challenging environments than RV's. By the way, as I have said before, I love my Coachmen Prism, and have had very few problems. However, the problems I did have were clearly related to quality control, and getting them fixed under warranty was often challenging, even comically so at times. As I have said before, I do appreciate the efforts of the gentlemen at Coachmen customer service, but I wonder why I have even had to talk to them at all. In fact, I am on first name basis with Dan.
As far as crocks, the real one is any assertion that the RV industry in general, or FR in particular, produces, sells and warranties a product in a first rate fashion. I don't think anyone is blaming individuals such as yourself. It's the whole industry that needs a major face lift.
Thanks for your efforts on our behalf.

jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #82
Just to clarify. I've never compared the RV industry to automotive. Posters do. I have always asserted that is is its own industry somewhere between housing and automotive.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #83
I appreciate Brian and Josh coming in the forum and lending a helping hand as needed. I didn't see this kind of support from the other Class C motorhome manufactures that I've purchased from days past. As for one who believe they purchased a lemon, I feel your pain, but you must stay engaged until the job is done! It also helps to be a little handy and fix the small stuff yourself...yep I said it! Just like buying a new home, some things you just want to fix yourself! Buy an extended warranty within your first 12-months of ownership but make sure all preexisting condition items are fully repaired since your ESP won't cover it.

2016 Days Camping so Far: 24
2013 3051S Forester
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #84
Bclemmens sure helped me out went out of his way to help me but when I bought my first motorhome I did think it was like the car industry and was I in for a rude awakening but it is what it is and you deal with it or get out of it good times as well as bad
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #85
Rockwood Ultra Light 26' 2012

Attached is a copy of what the yellow sticker says
LSwesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #86
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by LSwesey View Post
Attached is a copy of what the yellow sticker says

No attachment

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 67
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #87
Citrus County, Fl.
I can't say enough good things about Brian and Josh. Both of them volunteering to be "active" members of this forum was a major decision in our recent purchase of our 2nd FR product. They have been a tremendous asset to hundreds of members on this forum and I will bet this has had an impact on sales. Keep up the good work guys!!
2016 Forester 3011DS
2015 Toyota Corrola S toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #88
1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #89
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Next year, schedule the PDI facility tour.

After the FACTORY does their own PDI, the PDI Facility Inspectors (with no notice) randomly pull 5-10% of the production units from every factory and do a 100% inspection of the product that was going out to the dealers.

If any defects are noted that indicate a problem in employee training, unit design, or vendor shortcomings, the line is shut down until the trending defect is identified and corrected.

For example, if there are air leaks on the right side windows but not the left, an employee may need additional training on the proper sealing technique.

AWESOME FACILITY. Just wish they could do all of them but even the Navy does not do 100% Article inspection except for life critical components and even then they drop the inspection percentage schedule when there are no
defects found and they become "proven vendors".
Well.....let me be vividly clear....a blind person without the assistance of his/her service dog would have seen many/most of the defects on our FRF 2401 W fact....they, literally, would have had to forced themselves 'not' to see the issues. Sad...and really, no excuse justifies it. I even offered to bring it back to the factory for the corrections as so they could learn from it and was denied...... When your name is on it, "you own it"....the nonsense about what the dealers will or will not do and/or are or are not obligated is just that....non-sense....FR is the name that receives the most damage. And like with most such damage, the early correction is a fraction of the effort to repair all of the down stream damage when delayed.
Beach Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #90
Class C Representative
How about you send me your information and I'll check and see what the issue is. Your unit is under warranty and should be corrected. We won't be able to get anything going until Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, forest river, warranty