Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #1

CH751 keys, everyone has them!

Went by a booth in the Big Tent in Quartzsite and saw ALERT, if you have the CH751 key, so does everyone else! They were selling the cylinder round keyed for for $14.00 each. Only problem I saw was you can't remove the key unless it's locked. So if you wanted to open multiple compartments, you would have to leave the key in it and use another key or open it and lock it open and hanging.
The other cam locks I saw online were sold in 4 packs keyed alike. I need 7 altogether and I don't think you can get them keyed alike. I did see in a review that someone did get multiple packs keyed alike not requesting such. And another review said his buddy bought the locks and his key opens his friends. Makes you wonder how many different keys sets they use?
As for rekeying my existing locks, my local locksmith says I would have to bring them in to see if they can be rekeyed. He says he get $20 a lock. What! that's crazy.
There must be a cheaper more secure solution. Idid see some combo locks at a reasonable price of $12 each. But with my eyesight, I would have to bend down and have my reading glasses on.
I have too much stuff of value to leave it unsecured like that. Portable solar suitcase, tools, sports equipment etc.
Suggestions?

Old 01-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #2

The key for the slam latch locks on my Windjammer will open the slam latches of all Redwood fifth wheels. It's not a CH751, though.

Bruce

Old 01-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
The key for the slam latch locks on my Windjammer will open the slam latches of all Redwood fifth wheels. It's not a CH751, though.

Bruce
I'll bet my V-lite key will also unlock windjammer slam latch Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
Old 01-27-2016, 01:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Went by a booth in the Big Tent in Quartzsite and saw ALERT, if you have the CH751 key, so does everyone else! They were selling the cylinder round keyed for for $14.00 each. Only problem I saw was you can't remove the key unless it's locked. So if you wanted to open multiple compartments, you would have to leave the key in it and use another key or open it and lock it open and hanging.
The other cam locks I saw online were sold in 4 packs keyed alike. I need 7 altogether and I don't think you can get them keyed alike. I did see in a review that someone did get multiple packs keyed alike not requesting such. And another review said his buddy bought the locks and his key opens his friends. Makes you wonder how many different keys sets they use?
As for rekeying my existing locks, my local locksmith says I would have to bring them in to see if they can be rekeyed. He says he get $20 a lock. What! that's crazy.
There must be a cheaper more secure solution. Idid see some combo locks at a reasonable price of $12 each. But with my eyesight, I would have to bend down and have my reading glasses on.
I have too much stuff of value to leave it unsecured like that. Portable solar suitcase, tools, sports equipment etc.
Suggestions?
One of the first things we changed were the locks. This company is excellent and will key all the locks alike. CH751 RV REPLACEMENT LOCKS, CAM LOCKS, CAMLOCKS
Old 01-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #5

Solution

Take one of your lock sets out and go visit your local locksmith. He needs yours to be able to get you the correct diameter, length, etc. He will solve your "everyone has a key to my storage" problems. The charge should not be anywhere near $20 each, but if it was, it would be cheap insurance for all that we carry in storage spaces.
Travel safe
Old 01-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
One of the first things we changed were the locks. This company is excellent and will key all the locks alike. CH751 RV REPLACEMENT LOCKS, CAM LOCKS, CAMLOCKS
That's the guy I talked to at the Quartzsite show. Chatted with him and his business is about 50 minutes away He offered to install them for free when he is down my way. But it's simple to do it. We went to the same high school, 10 years apart. So how do you open multiple compartments at the same time?
Old 01-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
That's the guy I talked to at the Quartzsite show. Chatted with him and his business is about 50 minutes away He offered to install them for free when he is down my way. But it's simple to do it. We went to the same high school, 10 years apart. So how do you open multiple compartments at the same time?
You can remove the key whether it's locked or unlocked.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
X2

It cost me about $100 to replace seven locks. They are high quality locks. Fast shipping too.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #9

I bought locks that were keyed to the same key as my front door. Now I only need 1 key for everything!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #10

I used: Rvlocksandmore.com and got new locks for my Super Lite. They were about $4 ea. Easy to install and use. The key will come out in order to open multiple doors at the same time. Now all locks match main door. They also have complete door handles for $20.

2015 Ram Big Horn
Closed Thread