Old 02-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"the manufacturer does not build the furniture but its up to them to pick the quality of the furnishings"
It is all a matter of cost. They won't put expensive furniture in an inexpensive camper, and anyone buying an inexpensive camper would probably not want to pay for expensive furniture.
Its too bad we can't get a camper with no furniture, and buy what we want. But I am sure they would not drop the price as much as we pay for the existing stuff. We paid an extra $500 for the Lazyboy leather recliners, although they are pretty darn nice!
But overall, I have zero complaints.
I agree, but my C+ had a sticker of 166,000 for that amount I would think decent furniture would be expected

bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
No offense, but I bought a Forest River product. The company chose the couch, not me. To pawn me off onto the couch manufacturer is a comp-out on the part of FR. Here it is MONTHS later and I finally got a new cover. It's the wrong color....

So here I am, start all over again. I have actually priced out a replacement couch to rip this POS out.... The furnishings and fabric in this camper are CHEAP compared to my Cruiser and a previous Sunnybrook.

I'm pretty easy to please, so take my displeasure as a sign that others have the same thoughts/feelings.

mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
You're right about cheap furniture. If the quality is not good; you're not getting the satisfaction. What's the next step? Replace it to your satisfaction. We purchased a 32 ft DSF - 2011 Forest River Forester & have had it over a year. As we traveled in it, we realized that our couch or dinette area were not the most comfortable places to sit to watch TV, read or just relax. We needed to do something; so, we researched & found who could help us, (Route 66 RV in Buena Park, CA). They designed the perfect thing--replaced the cheap, uncomfortable couch with two leather Euro recliners w/ottomans. We're traveling in better comfort now.
danyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Just to note, the late 2012 and all 2013 have a more significant couch that is similar to a residential unit. Our 2011 unit had the cover replaced but is still nothing short of cheap. However, kudos to FR for knowing it needed to correct this issue and doing so in newer models.

mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote