Old 10-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
no matter what kind of RV we would get, we would always want a propane oven because we use ours.
I agree with Dan, RB, and others. We want a motorhome when the missus retires, and will not consider 1 without an gas oven.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
X2

How else are ya gonna bake your biscuits?
Cast iron dutch oven?

Quote:
As always; have oven, never use it. Don't have an oven - wish ya did.
I got one just no reason to use it , yet.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Cast iron dutch oven?

Is that an offer?

Not quite as fast as the 20 minutes in the oven, but I don't mind someone else getting up early to stir the coals and setup the Dutch oven and have ready the same time the coffee pot is done perking.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #14
GM

Not to put an end to this great debate, but we already offer that option. On ALL models now, you can option the convection microwave. The convection micro goes in place of the microwave and we delete the oven. You then get an extra pan drawer below.

As for the "oven versus convention debate". Might as well make it Republicans versus Democrats. Either party saying the other is stupid. lol.

At a show its about 50-50. People will walk in.

Person #1 "that oven is just stupid...the oven is worthless, I only use it for storage. Convection would be so much better"

Person #2 "OMG I'm so glad there is an oven. I would not buy one without. We dry camp a lot and the last thing I want to do is turn on the gen to cook. I also do a lot of baking and the convection just doesn't get it right."

As you can see...everyone is right. It's all in how you use it. We stopped trying to figure out the best scenario. There isn't one. So Option #305 is Convection instead of oven.

As for a retro fit. The convection is easy, they make them the same size as microwaves now...so that is a plug and play. If you're handy, you can take the oven out, and build another drawer to go there. Or buy a new motorhome. that's my suggestions
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #15

You're right! Which is why I stated "have oven, never use it. Don't have an oven - wish ya did".

I've had it both ways. I like the extra space without the oven but I like having the option of an oven more and as already mentioned, you can always store some stuff in the oven.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #16

Thanks for the follow-up bclemens. It's nice to know that Forest River is trying to accommodate both types of customers on this issue. It seems our dealer needed a better understanding of this issue. When we ordered our 2691s and we ask for only stove top and drawers instead of oven, we were told that Forest River would not modify the standard stove top/oven configuration on this model to get the drawers instead of oven

Guess a good carpenter and a small convection/micro are in order for us.

Thanks again for the great information
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
GM

In the dealers defense, it is a recent option. Within the past few months. There was some confusion about where it would go...at one time they would all go below like the 3120/3121 and it was an "unwritten" option.

We then found an alternative to the micro and decided the storage drawers were the easiest to do so we made it a written option around September??? ish.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, motorhome