Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #1

Considering a Forester 3011

Hi there. Hubby and I are looking for our first RV and seriously considering a Forester 3011. Do you like yours? Any serious issues with your unit, or news of any particular issues among owners? A big investment, so we are doing our homework. Foresters look to be quality product. Is this true in your experience? Thanks a bunch!
Bucket List Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

We love ours.only big issue was the air conditioner which was replaced twice. Now they are using Atwood
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:26 AM   #3
Tinkerer and Putterer

Tough lessons on the roof for me. I have had two failures, both at the corners where the drains are and water tends to pool when the rig sits. One in the front caused by snow weight (I live in NC so that was a surprise) and the second in the rear passenger caused by spider cracks in the fiberglass. In the process of getting that fixed. These are easy for you to avoid though. If the rig sits outside keep it covered with a waterproof cover when not in use. Don't step on the seams of the roof, stick to 12 inches inside of the seam. Reseal your fiberglass yearly or at least once every few years and keep up with your dicor. Had I resealed I probably wouldn't have the problems I do today. I was sold a bill of goods by the dealer telling me that the fiberglass roof was no maintenance other than dicoring the seams. Don't believe that line for a minute. Oh, and keep the snow off the roof!
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #4

Both I and the dealer watched and sealed the dicor multiple times each year. Still ended up with multiple leaks. Finally went to RV Armor.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
Tinkerer and Putterer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Both I and the dealer watched and sealed the dicor multiple times each year. Still ended up with multiple leaks. Finally went to RV Armor.
Placed my deposit to get on the waiting list last week. They have quite the backlog of customers. Would you be willing to post your observations on the roof thread I started?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-171070-2.html

Don't want to highjack the ops thread
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #6

I have a 2016 DS3011 Forester and we love it. We have had the usual problems that always arise with a new unit which were fixed nc at the dealer. I tow a 2016 Jeep Cherokee with a tow dolly and it still gets between 10 - 12 mpg. I suggest getting a Steering stabilizer, which helped our a lot.. not as much push around when being passed, or passing a semi and it's easier to handle when there are strong winds.
johnshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #7

[QUOTE=johnshoe;1942165]I have a 2016 DS3011 Forester and we love it. I tow a 2016 Jeep Cherokee with a tow dolly and it still gets between 10 - 12 mpg. QUOTE]

You must be driving 35 mph. I flat tow a 2016 Focus with a 2017 3010DS average speed 60 mph and average around 8 mpg.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #8

you might also consider the 2019 Forest River Forester 3041DSF,
brand new for 2019. We just traded in our sunseeker for it and it is perfect for us. Little different floorplan than the Forester 3011. We did not want the sofa on the slideout but rather opposite the u-dinette. Makes it really easy then to remove and replace the sofa which is pretty uncomfortable. The ducted A/C is near silent in this rig, and the bedroom with the walkin closet is really slick. We looked at a LOT of class C's before getting this one... all the other's had some fatal flaw for our needs... the new 3041 is perfect
2018 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL
www.Wind-seeker.com/vilano
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

It’s all about the floor plan. If it works for you then it is a good unit. All the rest can be adjusted, modified or repaired to suit your needs. The Forester 3011 and Sunseeker 3010 are almost the same with the Forester having more standard equipment and accoutrement. If you want to spend a little less and dont mind switches vs electronikers, opt for the Sun. For Glamping, opt for the Forest. YMMV
Old 10-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #10
Site Team

We like it plenty but only had one trip so far that was ruined by several issues. But that can happen with any rv. Got it back from service and tweeking and looking to him the road soon.
Our power inlet melted on first night out with a wire lose. Had to use generator most if trip for power. Fridge wouldn't work on propane. All well now. Just make dealer show you EVERYTHING working on your PDI.
It drives we'll also. And you get I free front end allignment if it pulls on delivery. Enjoy.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #11

We love ours, Only issue I have is the room in the bathroom, Not good for a adult, good for a kid., Great counter space in kitchen, and I like the theater seating across from TV.

2018 Forester 3011DS
2011 Rockwood 8285WS (The Mobile Cabin) traded
2004 F350 SuperCab 6.0TD DRW (Mr. Duals) sold
kijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:32 AM   #12

Good Morning, Saw you on Forest River Forum and you have been looking at the 3011. We have a 2017, perfect condition with only 4500 miles and are going to sell do to health reasons. We had a couple small issuses in the beginning but Indoor RV the dealer we purchased it from took prompt care. If you have an interest in our unit still has the new smell and could save you a lot of money. my e-mail virgilcarl@hotmail.com
army1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #13

We have a 2012 and love the large kitchen counter. Most moho’s have a tiny kitchen. Since we often have family staying with us, I don’t know how we would live without the large kitchen counter!
blue daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #14

We have a 2016 Forester 3011DS and love it....plenty of space when the kids and grandkid camp with us. Only issue was the dometic 1350 fridge. Ruined a few loads of food first summer but it has been working great since repaired. We had camped with a pop up for 18 years when the kids were little....have no idea how we pulled that off now that we glamp...
Slinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #15

Have a 2016 we bought new. Only real issue was leak due not sealing slideout under awning. Forest River agreed to pay our independent RV guy to fix it. RV guy said it probably would never had leaked but we got caught in big storm with lots of wind at the coast. He fixed it, they paid him and all is well.

Really like the rig, we have the Ford with V10 and it does a good job even with Honda CRV toad. I agree with previous statemtn that we get about 8.5 mpg average. This is often with toad and going over coast range to the beach.

Think you'll be very happy with the Forester. Good Luck and happy and safe travels.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester