Old 02-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #1

Crazy TV problem

I have a TV problem hopefully someone can solve. We just purchased a new 3051S with 3 TV's, and I guess 2 out of 3 working right is pretty good. When I scan channels (just off antenna) the bedroom TV & outside TV get lots of channels however the one in the living area only gets 1 and it's 41. I have read that there is a switch where you choose channel 3 or 4 before scanning depending on local channels, but I can't find any switch anywhere. Also thought it was an antenna problem since it is under a metal roof, but if other TV's are working perfect, don't believe that is my problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I sure don't want to bother the dealer with this kind of problem. Thanks a bunch.

I'm thinking since I set up the ones that work my husband did something to the one in the living room, he fixed that one. He does tend to push buttons before he knows what they do on occasion.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #2

Does that model have a cable connection beside a satellite connection on the outside? If so, you should check the connection behind the tv in the living area. It could be in the wrong one inside (Sat). Needs to be in the other one (cable/antenna).

bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #3

Thank you for the info, will check this out tomorrow. I just read a 6 page thread on TV reception, I have a few things to try tomorrow, some I will save for my husband.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #4

I think the channel 3 vs 4 is pretty old tech. Most TV's select channels electronically using "air or cable or Sat" inputs.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 AM   #5

It sounds like you have the same rig we have. The outside and bedroom TV'S are pretty simple. The living room tv over the cab is a smart tv and has more options. The remote has choices for inputs so make sure to choose TV from the menu. Then you need to choose air (antenna) or cable in another menu. Then scan for channels (it takes a while) and that should do it. As far as I know there is no rf adapter that would require you to tune the TV to channel 3 or 4.

On another subject, if you have the Jensen radio system in your coach, turn it on and select HDMI ARC as your source to hear the tv over the ceiling speakers (this also takes a few seconds to switch over). To me it just sounds better.

I'm not in the rv at the moment but if you have more questions I can be more step specific from there.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:50 AM   #6

make sure that the TV is set for "off air" channels before scan and not "cable channels"

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #7

Netgain thank you so much for the info, I will check it out again but I think our problem may be something we have to take it in for. I believe I have scanned it every way you can I did check the inputs from the menu before scanning (maybe not on the remote). I even had my husband take the input jack thing off and check for loose wires behind it. So far no luck but I will work on it again today when it warms up. He would be shocked it I get this figured out.

Also thanks for the info on the stereo we haven't even messed with it yet. I think we better camp in the yard before going anywhere. So many fancy new things to figure out, thank goodness this isn't our first motorhome, but it sure is different than our old one.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #8

If you can

Try cabling up another tv and test it. Only requires coax and AC power or bring a long cable to the tv that is not working (from one that is) and try that. That will narrow it down to a TV or cabling. My guess is cabling. I carry a bunch of connectors, coax strippers and crimpers. I replaced all I could reach. Guys in factory did nit do a good job of installing. With 3 tv's you will have a splitter or two. Many places for a bad connection.

Good luck

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote