Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Yep disconnect switch on left of stairs. I thought that had something to do with generator. I called dealer and he told me. it was pointed out in walk through but that was 3 weeks ago and it was one little piece of info in a mountain of info. Ok so i now have that switch off and the 30amp main brkr off so i should not drain the battery correct?
The 30 amp breaker is in the AC circuit so it has nothing to do with the 12V DC circuit and preventing battery drain. I reviewed my wiring diagrams and verified the following in my Coach. The disconnect switch does not cut off 12v power to the slide motor/controls, awning mtr/control and generator control circuits. The only way to cut all loads from the battery is to disconnect the cables. So as long as these circuits are not causing any drain you should not deplete your batteries. If your batteries still drain you either have a problem in one of the aforementioned circuits or you have an internal short problem with the batteries.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #12

Glad you found it. When we go through the walk throughs, there is so much to retain, so don't feel bad, I can't begin to tell you what we could not remember. Enjoy your rv.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #13

Walk Through

Glad I wasn't the only one not remembering things from walk through. I thought my mind was draining faster than the batteries. Once I turned the disconnect switch I have been ok so no power drains out there.

BUT I am starting a new thread under forester so look for the newest thread from , "The Great Newbie Adventure" Lol
Old 11-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #14

Put the M/H in storage 2 1/2 weeks ago. Went back yesterday to retrieve some items and all three batteries are dead. Not enough juice to work the cab door locks. 4th time since I picked it up in August. This weekend I'll pull the batteries and put them on a minder for the winter and worry about what's wrong in the spring.
The so-called kill switch is off, but I did not disconnect the ground cable on the battery.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiniii View Post
Put the M/H in storage 2 1/2 weeks ago. Went back yesterday to retrieve some items and all three batteries are dead. Not enough juice to work the cab door locks. 4th time since I picked it up in August. This weekend I'll pull the batteries and put them on a minder for the winter and worry about what's wrong in the spring.
The so-called kill switch is off, but I did not disconnect the ground cable on the battery.
You must have an electrical circuit short or wiring problem as the Chassis battery and coach batteries are separate systems and should not be drawn down together. Except for the common charging circuits (which should be off when the engine is not running or the shore power is not plugged in) and the manual battery tie together ( button under drivers seat) there is no connection between the two systems. They are built that way so if you run the coach batteries down you can still start the chassis engine with the chassis battery.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #16

Angry

I know, but I can't find it. Next spring.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 11-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiniii View Post
I know, but I can't find it. Next spring.

You should get the wiring diagrams for your unit from your dealer or FR. I got the wiring and plumbing diagrams for my 3120 and they have helped a lot to find and troubleshoot issues. There is a little 5 amp fuse in the control box at the side of the steps that powers the control circuit for the cross tie. I believe if it blows the cross tie fails open but you could check if any fuses in that box are blown. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #18

Our 2011 Rockwood 8314BSS does not have a battery disconnect. It does, however, have a 1/4-20 wing nut on the negative cable connection to the battery. We spin off the wing nut, take the cable off, and are done. Repeat on the way out. Never had a battery issue. The KISS principle.
Rancho RS9000XL's and Firestone airbags
Pullrite Superglide 18k hitch
alphadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
You should get the wiring diagrams for your unit from your dealer or FR. I got the wiring and plumbing diagrams for my 3120 and they have helped a lot to find and troubleshoot issues. There is a little 5 amp fuse in the control box at the side of the steps that powers the control circuit for the cross tie. I believe if it blows the cross tie fails open but you could check if any fuses in that box are blown. Good luck.
Thanks, I'll look for that fuse today
Getting diagrams from my dealer, I've been trying to get the touch-up paint kit, that was supposed to be in the unit, for more than two months.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 11-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #20

Also keep in mind that the deep cycle batteies service life, is shortened considerably when you take them below 50% repeated times. If your third battery you are referring to is the vehicle battery, those don't like deep discharge even more. Here is a link you might want to look at. The 12volt Side of Life (Part 1)

Tags
battery