Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Dinette seatbelt removal.Forester mbs 2401r

I want to replace the dinette with recliners but how do you get the seatbelt mounts out? They appear to bolt through the bottom of the slide.
glamper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I’m betting you can’t access the nut from the underside of the slide?

If you just leave the seatbelt mounts in place, does it interfere with the installation of the recliners?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #3

You're right. I can reach them but the bolt is too long to drop it out. Thinking i could try to shorten them. It may also be that the recliners can sit over them.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #4

I had to seal a big hole with mine.
Also had to loosen the propane tank to get it out.

They do not make it easy to remove.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #5

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #6

I used mine to anchor the new recliners in place.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #7

Replaced dinette with recliners

We did the same thing and love it. As far as the dinette, remove everything, including the seat belt anchor. It is extremely heavy. Once you have removed it, there will still be a rod that sticks up. Cover the entire slideout with plywood with cutouts around the rod-typing thingy. Then cover the plywood with carpeting to match your RV. We chose swivel recliners made by the Amish out of Elkhart @ $800.00 each. They fit and match perfectly. We also bought an RV table that attaches to the RV in place of the Magic table from an RV overage sight. The table is one of those lift up and out. We stained it to match our RV. We then anchor the recliners together with straps that are attached to the rug-covered platform. As you can see, I am having difficulty explaining how we did it. I am sure that you get the gist. This reconfiguration has made our RV so comfortable, and we do not miss the dinette whatsoever. As for the cushion on above the cab, we removed that. It now allows us to place four bins to store our clothes as well as food. Happy RVing.
travelininmymbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanjebbia View Post
We did the same thing and love it. As far as the dinette, remove everything, including the seat belt anchor. It is extremely heavy. Once you have removed it, there will still be a rod that sticks up. Cover the entire slideout with plywood with cutouts around the rod-typing thingy. Then cover the plywood with carpeting to match your RV. We chose swivel recliners made by the Amish out of Elkhart @ $800.00 each. They fit and match perfectly. We also bought an RV table that attaches to the RV in place of the Magic table from an RV overage sight. The table is one of those lift up and out. We stained it to match our RV. We then anchor the recliners together with straps that are attached to the rug-covered platform. As you can see, I am having difficulty explaining how we did it. I am sure that you get the gist. This reconfiguration has made our RV so comfortable, and we do not miss the dinette whatsoever. As for the cushion on above the cab, we removed that. It now allows us to place four bins to store our clothes as well as food. Happy RVing.
Photos please??

Tags
forester