Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:17 PM   #41
Commercial Member

OK, this may be my last comment on this thread because I feel like we're spinning in circles. But I will respond to the posts up to this point.

Alparmer. Sorry. I try to let other reps know about this forum, I know some others are on here...but I fear most will not since A. we have people in place to handle warranty and service type stuff. And B. this is not a Forest River owned site. I come one this site, because I have been helped by sites just like this in other areas.

Grumpy: I'm not sure I agree with the "one will come off with no problems and the next two are lemons". #1 Most people that come on this forum (as has been mentioned before) are people who have issues or problems, so I think you will see a much higher percentage of complaints than praise. Those people with no problems are not really seeking out this site. We shipped over 3,000 Class C's last year. Using your math at least 1500 were lemons. I'm in a pretty good position to know that is not the case.

USNNM1VETERAN: I don't think rekwiat was trying to make excuses, I think he was trying to put things in perspective. As for "Corporate Mentality"...I'm not sure what everyone pictures in their mind when they picture Forest River. I will say, every division within the company (when we have finished out QC process), every day sends a unit over to an offsite PDI building so a 3rd party can inspect our work. They generate a list of potential defects that they found. We then add any recurring issues to a checklist so that we can try and eliminate them in the future. To say that we are fine with defects because we're under some "corporate allowable percentage" is completely and utterly false. There is not a day that goes by that I am not working on some way to eliminate errors. We meet every week, sales, purchasing, warranty, production, engineering to discuss what is going on...any trends? any issues we need to be aware of or correct.

We're not very corporate...We're are simply a group of people trying to offer the best value that we can in Class C's. This means trying to build a good quality product at a fair price while trying to accommodate the thousands of different needs of our customers.

This will be my last post on this particular thread. it does me no good to debate back and forth if we're letting defects slide because we're satisfied or saving money. I'm a firm believer that you can say all that you want....it's your actions that truly define you. So I am off to help people on this forum (if I can) that need help with specific issues. As I have said before, all of these things I bring up in our meetings, take it for what you will.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 06-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjducy View Post
So funny how when you are about to buy a rv and search don't find any negative...then you go buy it and find the negative post....we just took ownership of a 2015 same model motorhome......we can not get the speakers on ceiling to come one...a bit hard to use the tv and have air conditioner on with out speakers..... Any suggestions
Please start a new thread with that as the subject. (never mind...just found it)

Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #43

Well you just found the answer. If all units go to an off site building for a 3rd party to inspect. Then; there is the problem. They are not finding the problems. If they were, then there there would not be so many issues. Maybe it is time to evaluate the performance of this third party and maybe use F/R employees, instead of a 3rd party, that have pride and a vested interest in how the final product leaves. As soon as I read that i said , " well how can the workers repair something they don't know about. I understand the reasoning behind using and independent inspection team, they should be unbiased and give a full fair report with no fear of repercutition. The problem i personally have had dealing with 3rd party sourcing, not in rv industry, is they get comfortable and, i will use the word lazy ,( maybe a better word). Maybe it's time to shake them up and say contract in jeopardy if things keep getting past them.
Actually i now feel one heck of a lot better about my rv knowing this information. So see Mr. Clemens you did some good on this thread and helped someone ( i am being completely honest).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #44
Commercial Member

Actually the 3rd party is Forest River employees. I simply meant that they do not work for my division. They are independent.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:00 AM   #45

POP!!!!!!! That was my bubble being burst

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #46

Mr. Clemens, "lemons" was, perhaps, too strong a word, and I apologize. What I ment to get across is the problems that reoccur, not necessarily on each unit, but on enough that someone who was really concerned with quality control would know something is wrong.
Do your third party employees look for defects? How about looking for mistakes that will become major problems in the future?
As an example, when checking my unit out before buying it, I found the city water inlet hose under the bed on a Lexi 283ts, was at least 2 feet longer than it should have been, and the worker who did the work just let the excess lay across the slide mechanism. Everytime the slide was cycled in and out, the hose would get abraded. How long before a weak spot developes where pressure will pop that area. A week, month 2 years? Then I'm stuck with a flooded out rig.
I noticed it and simply looped the hose and secured it with a 5 cent tie. Thats just one example, and I found several that I would have considered to be or would be problems down the road. Again. I bought mine used, and the original owner only used the rig one time before selling it, so he never had anything go wrong.
Instead of lemon, I would say a lack of craftsmanship and pride of doing a good and proper job is what's missing.
grumpy
Old 06-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #47

As the original poster I would like to officially CLOSE THIS POST as said by Mr. CLEMENS. I did not intend this post to evolve into what it has, enough has been written, so now with the warm weather let's just go enjoy the outdoors in our rv's. THANK YOU, JOHN L.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #48

I agree, lets deal with what we have ; go enjoy our 3051's and be the envy of the camp grounds
Old 06-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
As the original poster I would like to officially CLOSE THIS POST as said by Mr. CLEMENS. I did not intend this post to evolve into what it has, enough has been written, so now with the warm weather let's just go enjoy the outdoors in our rv's. THANK YOU, JOHN L.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
At request of USNMM1VETERAN, I have for now closed this thread pending site team review.

Zelda the campin dog
Closed Thread

Tags
2014, 305