Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I thought it was real neat,,, but I let Wife set up the Kitchen,,, while I did the outside compartments,,, she said she needed the cabinet space for Pots & Pans which are raped in towles,,, so as not to rattle !!! We have a small square wicker trash basket,,, fits nicely next to the Dinette,,,, never in the way,,, it does get empty offen !!!
I use these to keep our pots and pans from rattling around and saves a lot of space, compared to towels:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Potsnpans.PNG
Views:	90
Size:	699.2 KB
ID:	181347  
nvrsaynvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #42
Now a "Top Member"

A little late to the party, but we use the heck out of ours. It is especially great if you have a dog that likes to nose through the garbage! But we use it even when the dog is not with us.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #43

In one sense I agree with the OP's DW that there is precious little counter space in any camper so I had a solution.

I built a wooden shelf, mounted it with a Piano Hinge and uses some lid supprts as hinged supports. It folds down to bring in the slide for travel and quickly pops up for a palce to set up our Cordless Tea Kettle and Coffee Pot.

The best lf both worlds, we get to keep and use the trash drop in the countertop. As you can plainly see, it is not covered up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	181379   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0708.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	181380  
Old 07-27-2018, 07:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
In one sense I agree with the OP's DW that there is precious little counter space in any camper so I had a solution.

I built a wooden shelf, mounted it with a Piano Hinge and uses some lid supprts as hinged supports. It folds down to bring in the slide for travel and quickly pops up for a palce to set up our Cordless Tea Kettle and Coffee Pot.

The best lf both worlds, we get to keep and use the trash drop in the countertop. As you can plainly see, it is not covered up.
Nice mod Douglas. I have the same model and year camper. I didn't think there would be enough clearance for a shelf there, but it looks like you made it work. Do you mind posting a picture of the underside with hinges extended and lid supports? I might give this a try. I would have to make sure to drop the shelf each time before closing!
Old 07-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRik View Post
Nice mod Douglas. I have the same model and year camper. I didn't think there would be enough clearance for a shelf there, but it looks like you made it work. Do you mind posting a picture of the underside with hinges extended and lid supports? I might give this a try. I would have to make sure to drop the shelf each time before closing!
As a matter of fact I can get them for you, and some measurements.

The distance from the edge of the casing around the slideout and the cabinet body is 2 1/4"

The countertop overhangs the cabinet body by just over 1"

The shelf measurements are 21 1/2" x 12" x 3/4". With the piano hinge the shelf is only 1" total thickness when collapsed so it clears the slideout with ease.

Since I was gong to have some relatively hevy things on the shelf near the trash I took out the drawers so I could get acess to the cabinet behind the shelf. I used a 1" x 1" wooden piece to back up the piano hinge. The screws holding the piano hinge to the cabinet screw through the thin plywood and into the 1x1 for support.

I didnt do this on the other smaller shelf, because I didn't have access to the inside of the wall.

I also made another shelf that I mounted beside DWs chair on the opposite side of the camper. She can set her coffee or beer on it without having to struggle to get it onto the counter top above the stereo.

It measures 15 3/4" x 8 x 3/4".

I also included a pic of an extra lid support I have, to show you what they loo like. You can get them at HD or Loews, etc.. They come in pairs and I only used one on her drink shelf.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	181558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0711.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	181559   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0714.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	181561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0715.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	181562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0716.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	181563  

Old 07-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsaynvr View Post
I use these to keep our pots and pans from rattling around and saves a lot of space, compared to towels:

NICE I will show those to the wife !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #47

Quote:

The distance from the edge of the casing around the slideout and the cabinet body is 2 1/4"

The shelf measurements are 21 1/2" x 12" x 3/4". With the piano hinge the shelf is only 1" total thickness when collapsed so it clears the slideout with ease.

Since I was gong to have some relatively hevy things on the shelf near the trash I took out the drawers so I could get acess to the cabinet behind the shelf. I used a 1" x 1" wooden piece to back up the piano hinge. The screws holding the piano hinge to the cabinet screw through the thin plywood and into the 1x1 for support.

I didnt do this on the other smaller shelf, because I didn't have access to the inside of the wall.

I also made another shelf that I mounted beside DWs chair on the opposite side of the camper. She can set her coffee or beer on it without having to struggle to get it onto the counter top above the stereo.

I also included a pic of an extra lid support I have, to show you what they loo like. You can get them at HD or Loews, etc.. They come in pairs and I only used one on her drink shelf.
Thanks for all the pics. I will show this to DW and see if she wants me to make one.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 AM   #48

Yep all the time.

We unfortunately have a garbage dog! Nice out of the way place to keep the dog out of the trash.
Tomban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsaynvr View Post

After looking @ the price,,,
I think I would buy a pic of felt and make our own !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #50

Yes, that would be MUCH cheaper!!
nvrsaynvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #51

Do you use the kitchen countertop trash cutout hole?

I use mine for dry small non food items that can fit in the little hole. For food garbage I hang a grocery store bag on the open bathroom door handle. The toaster covers part of the garbage hole lid. 2801 doesn't have a lot of counter space.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #52

Lid to garbage

You are probably right to do this since it becomes messy around it. We will switch things around and see how it works. Thanks for you reply.
Allen Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:28 PM   #53

Smile Yes!

We use ours in our 2016 FR Forester. I like it. I keep something over it anyway to keep the bugs (gnats) from entering the motorhome while trash is in the bin. Not a problem to move something to open up the hold to place trash in.
patsylou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:06 PM   #54

Laundry!

We love the cut out as a great collection point for dirty clothes. When the pail is full, exactly enough for full load of laundry. We keep our trash can under the sink...

Wouldn’t want to do without our laundry cut out!
Dabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #55

Quote:

DW was wondering if you could post a pic of where you mounted the other shelf. We have 2 Lazy Boy recliners on that side and not sure there is enough room for a shelf to flip up.
We really like this mod...
Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #56

We use ours on our FR 200mble!
2-J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #57

We use ours all the time, too. I just wish they had made a finger hole to lift the lid instead of the edge cut. We've dropped it in the trash can several times!
Jcrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #58

We have this in our 3050S and really like it. I don't mind going outside to empty the basket. I just keep the new bags next to the basket. Besides, the dog can't get to the garbage.
Oltimer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #59

We've had this in our last 2 fivers. One of my absolutely fav features!! I've gone out of my way to keep counter space free of clutter, by installing under cabinet or wall mount kitchen items, such as paper towel holder, spice rack, hanging pot holders, knife rack, etc. Everything else gets taken out and returned to it's own cabinet space after use. I love that most of the things I toss into the trash can be popped through the cute cut-out. It also keeps trash odors pretty non-existent. A hanging trash bag is rather unsightly I think and you obviously either don't have a dog or a VERY well behaved one!
TNWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:56 PM   #60

Yes

Had our 3050s 3 years and this is one feature we love! We do place our coffee pot on the space for our morning ritial. After breakfast the pot is rinsed and placed back in the pantry. I keep scent block in the can compartment and have never dealt with any odors. Also no unsightly trash bags hanging around.
rsadams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester