Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #1

dog house gasket

I have a 2015 2801QS. I noticed there is no gasket at the top of the doghouse, where it meets the dashboard. it appears that one could slide something in there and drop it right on the engine. do any of the Foresters enclose the 1/2inch or so space between the top of the doghouse and the bottom of the dashboard?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Picture? That is a Ford thing, nothing for us to cover. Not sure what you're talking about.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #3

If it bothers you , go to Lowes or H.D. Go to the area where the weather stripping is and get a bag of "Backer Rod" Its a round hard foam weatherstripping. I think they make a 1" diameter. A few bucks. Cut off what you need to fill the gap and stuff it in.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
7 Year Class A RV'er

Not a Forester owner, but our last RV was a gasser on a Ford chassis so I'm familiar. You should be able to get some foam sealer rod that's adhesive on one side and will compress to seal the crack. You definitely do NOT want the crack open! You could easily wind up pulling exhaust fumes into the coach, not to mention the heat and noise issues.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:59 AM   #5

I see exactly what your talking about on my Sunseeker just needs a piece of foam to close it up ca get at lowes or hd

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #6

Warranty not Home Depot!!

markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #7

What I see is not a warranty item it would be a choice matter

Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Without a picture I can't tell you if what you're talking about is the actual dog house or the removable center console.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #9

It's a gap in the dash above doghouse if I remember correctly if you laid a sheet of paper on the drink holders it might slide in between dash and doghouse about 1/2" opening can see wires and lights if you get down to look at that level can't send pic rv in shop

Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #10

The gap between the top of the doghouse and the bottom of the dash is normal and does not lead thru to the engine. There is a black rubber seal (about 2-3 inches further in) that you can see if you look thru the gap that seals the engine compartment from the cab. You can easily see the seal where it continues along each of the foot wells. However if you look thru the gap and don't see the black seal but can actually see into the engine compartment then the seal probably is mis-positioned. There are 4 clamps on the doghouse that are easily removed by hand that allow the removal of the doghouse. You could remove it and check or reposition the seal if you need to.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #11

Thanks folks. Took the dog house off and apparently the gasket goes across below where it can be seen from the front. .strange design, though not having trim or something to cover the space on top. It would be more appealing. Thanks for the ideas on the strip. will check it out.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas