Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
DW's 401(k) Plan

Dometic 4-Door Fridge

I pulled a little faux pas this afternoon and posted my question on the wrong forum - The R-Pod forum. Geesh! That's what I get for trying to start a new thread on my tablet.

DW went to open the fridge last weekend and was a little over-zealous. She broke one of the handles on the fridge door.

Anyone have an email for the refrigerator section of Dometic? I need to get a new handle.
TIA.

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I pulled a little faux pas this afternoon and posted my question on the wrong forum - The R-Pod forum. Geesh! That's what I get for trying to start a new thread on my tablet.

DW went to open the fridge last weekend and was a little over-zealous. She broke one of the handles on the fridge door.

Anyone have an email for the refrigerator section of Dometic? I need to get a new handle.
TIA.

Larry
Worst handles/latch system ever.
If in warranty, I got mine from Forest River. One broke 8 months into ownership and they sent all 4 (it looks like there are really only 2 different ones).
Can't help you with an email but contact info should be on their website or owners manual. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #3

Try Amazon
Domestic door handle

You will be buying more than one in the future
Frankie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:51 PM   #4

Dometic not domestic
Auto correct stinks
Frankie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
DW's 401(k) Plan

Well, I looked on Amazon - saw a couple different suppliers and a wide price range, depending on if shipping was free or not - and if I would be taxed (usually am through Amazon). Saw where Dometic itself had the fridge handle for $25.41! Great price. So I called and asked what the catch was..... S&H is $15!!!!! That's $40 for this awful piece of plastic.
Did a little more checking and ultimately bought a handle/latch from WalMart, of all places. $25.99 shipped free and no tax.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #6
Senior Gold Member

Dometic 4-Door Fridge

I broke the lower right handle (fridge section) the first few days we owned our 2019 Sunseeker 3010 DS. It was quite embarrassing as I was showing friends how it’s done. These 4 plastic handles are ridiculously fragile and the doors are tough to open. Being replaced under warranty but are going to have to use two hands to open them in the future, one hand on the handle and the other on the edge of the door. Don’t know what else you can do to prevent future breakage.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:27 AM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.

I am not a big believer in extended warranties but if you register your fridge you can extend the warranty to 5 years for a reasonable price.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
I broke the lower right handle (fridge section) the first few days we owned our 2019 Sunseeker 3010 DS. It was quite embarrassing as I was showing friends how it’s done. These 4 plastic handles are ridiculously fragile and the doors are tough to open. Being replaced under warranty but are going to have to use two hands to open them in the future, one hand on the handle and the other on the edge of the door. Don’t know what else you can do to prevent future breakage.
On the one in my 2016 3010DS, I found that If I take the handle as if I were going to open the door, first, push in on the handle, then pull to open, it opens easier, and, knock on wood, I haven't broken one yet.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
Senior Gold Member

I broke one handle off as soon as we brought it home as I was showing some friends. We’ve been waiting for a replacement since April. These handles are the poorest design.

Tags
dometic, door, fridge, sunseeker