Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #11

For the thermostat manual Google "Single Zone LCD Thermostat Operating Instructions". You will see there is an adjustment for temperature differential for the A/C Heat Pump unit. There is only two settings available - a 1 degree or a 2 degree differential. Your unit is at a 2 degree differential as that is the factory preset setting. You would probably be happier with a 1 degree differential. I am guessing that would make your heat stay on for a shorter period of time but cycle more frequently. Please anyone, chime in if this is incorrect.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #12

Dometic air conditioner and heat pump 2016 3051s, what model?

Found it - very helpful - thanks! There are times when the 1 degree differential would be better but others where 2 would be best to avoid excessive cycling of the system.

The heat pump running in high fan seems to be controlled by the auto setting - if differential is 5+ then it runs in high, if 4 or less it runs on low. This appears to be common across the heat and A/C options too. (Could run low vs auto but then it would run constantly whether heating or not.)

Interesting to learn that the heat pump has a coil defrost cycle every 25 minutes when the outside temp is 42 or less. During the time the heat goes outside and cold air is blown inside. Not ideal at all so not most useful in this range. Also it won't run (heat) at all below 30 degrees. Best to use the furnace (also the heat pump does not feed the ducted air lines so does not circulate well).

Thanks again!

Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #13

The thermostat on our year model 2011 Sunseeker automatically switches from heat pump to furnace below 30 F if the heat pump is selected. I don't know if the newer thermostats do that, so you may want to check yours. Also, I'm pretty sure the fan does not run when the heat pump is in defrost mode. Again, the new thermostat may work differently.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:04 PM   #14

Didn't understand the ducted airline instruction but mine does blow thru ducts in ceiling at all vent openings in ceiling but when it's cold outside I close the bedroom vent because the air is cold but warmer than outside temp so it does heat the Rv when cold but not when it's freezing
Old 11-07-2015, 12:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The thermostat on our year model 2011 Sunseeker automatically switches from heat pump to furnace below 30 F if the heat pump is selected. I don't know if the newer thermostats do that, so you may want to check yours. Also, I'm pretty sure the fan does not run when the heat pump is in defrost mode. Again, the new thermostat may work differently.

"Feel cold air" - doesn't exactly say cold air will be blowing out. But I think we felt that pretty cold wind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446875693.497114.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	93835

Tags
305, air conditioner, dometic, pump, modifications