Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #1

Dometic air conditioner and heat pump 2016 3051s, what model?

Dealer cheesed me on the manual for my dometic air conditioner and heat pump. Squinting through the cover of the unit it says mfg number is b59196.711JO.

Dometic website has similar numbers but nothing that matches exactly. Can anyone please tell me what Dometic unit they put in this model so i can find the manual.

Your response is appreciated.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

I don't think I got a manual for my A/C and heat pump. There is an installation manual but not sure what that would get you. What info are you after? There is nothing to the operation of the unit other than keeping the filter clean. The key to its operation is the thermostat. Did you get a manual for the thermostat?
Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #3

I downloaded a manual for the thermostat. I was after the usual user info; troubleshooting, maintenance, warranty registration and the like.

thanks for your response.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #4

I think pages 12-14 of the thermostat manual is all you will find. There is an installation manual for your series 591 unit, but it is of little help.
Have you figured out the Hi, Lo, Auto settings for your fan on all 4 operational settings (fan, AC, Furnace, Heat Pump)? That is what most people have trouble figuring out.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #5

I learned the hi, lo, au, settings with help from this board. Glad to know the thermostat is all i have to worry about.

thanks all.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:10 PM   #6

If you could explain how to get the HI, LO and AU settings I would appreciate it. All I see is the temp, but I do recall seeing AU during the PDI. If there is a heat pump setting other than full blast, that would be helpful. Thanks!

Forester MBS 2401R
Old 10-29-2015, 11:24 PM   #7

It is hard to explain briefly, but the basic point is that you can only adjust the fan speed settings when the thermostat is set to fan. Use the temp + and - buttons to select the desired Hi, Lo, or Auto setting that you want the fan to operate on when you are using the A/C, the furnace, or the heat pump (if so equipped). If you desire a high or low speed when the air and heat are running then select that speed. The fan will run continuously at that speed even when the compressor and furnace are not operating. If you select the Auto fan speed then the fan will only operate when the compressor or furnace are on and will shut off when they reach the desired temp. I use a Hi fan speed for the A/C during the hot summer days and turn to the Lo fan speed at night. That way the fan is always operating helping to circulate cool air. I only use the Auto setting for the furnace and heat pump in the winter, as I do not want cold air circulating when the heating elements are not operating. I suggest, after playing with the fan settings on the thermostat, that you go back and read the operators manual for a more complete description of what I've said.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #8

Thanks for the explanation! There was no manual covering the thermostat. I'll have to check on that. We are using auto with heat which is fine. It has a heat anticipatory problem. It get too cold, the heat comes on for too long and it gets too hot. On our home thermostat, this setting is adjustable. I'll have to check in that too but there are no user adjustments apparent here.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #9

I had similar situation, manuals, called Dometic a few times and they emaoled me the associated manuals for my units.
bobkatz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #10

"heat anticipation" is what I meant to type!
Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #11

For the thermostat manual Google "Single Zone LCD Thermostat Operating Instructions". You will see there is an adjustment for temperature differential for the A/C Heat Pump unit. There is only two settings available - a 1 degree or a 2 degree differential. Your unit is at a 2 degree differential as that is the factory preset setting. You would probably be happier with a 1 degree differential. I am guessing that would make your heat stay on for a shorter period of time but cycle more frequently. Please anyone, chime in if this is incorrect.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #12

Dometic air conditioner and heat pump 2016 3051s, what model?

Found it - very helpful - thanks! There are times when the 1 degree differential would be better but others where 2 would be best to avoid excessive cycling of the system.

The heat pump running in high fan seems to be controlled by the auto setting - if differential is 5+ then it runs in high, if 4 or less it runs on low. This appears to be common across the heat and A/C options too. (Could run low vs auto but then it would run constantly whether heating or not.)

Interesting to learn that the heat pump has a coil defrost cycle every 25 minutes when the outside temp is 42 or less. During the time the heat goes outside and cold air is blown inside. Not ideal at all so not most useful in this range. Also it won't run (heat) at all below 30 degrees. Best to use the furnace (also the heat pump does not feed the ducted air lines so does not circulate well).

Thanks again!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #13

The thermostat on our year model 2011 Sunseeker automatically switches from heat pump to furnace below 30 F if the heat pump is selected. I don't know if the newer thermostats do that, so you may want to check yours. Also, I'm pretty sure the fan does not run when the heat pump is in defrost mode. Again, the new thermostat may work differently.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:04 PM   #14

Didn't understand the ducted airline instruction but mine does blow thru ducts in ceiling at all vent openings in ceiling but when it's cold outside I close the bedroom vent because the air is cold but warmer than outside temp so it does heat the Rv when cold but not when it's freezing
Old 11-07-2015, 12:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The thermostat on our year model 2011 Sunseeker automatically switches from heat pump to furnace below 30 F if the heat pump is selected. I don't know if the newer thermostats do that, so you may want to check yours. Also, I'm pretty sure the fan does not run when the heat pump is in defrost mode. Again, the new thermostat may work differently.

"Feel cold air" - doesn't exactly say cold air will be blowing out. But I think we felt that pretty cold wind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446875693.497114.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	93835

Tags
305, air conditioner, dometic, pump, modifications