Old 11-25-2014, 02:32 AM   #1
Dometic fridge no auto operation

Hey well my adventures continue, or should I say the life of fulltiming continues. I have a 2014 Forester 3051s with the 4 door Dometic fridge. My problem is when I disconnect from shore power the little display goes totally blank and the fridge does not switch to propane. When I am hooked up to shore power and have 120v the display works fine, I can see and do everything, but as soon as disconnect from shore power it goes blank. I know it is not a propane problem because when 120v available i can switch out of auto and the propane system kicks on.
I THINK there is a switching relay on the control board that is bad and not allowing frirge controls to run on 12vdc. Or maybe dead batteries??? BUT lights work.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Before i shell out a couple hundred bucks on a board, which i can not figure out how to get to under the black cover, that this is problem. Schematic does not show a switching relay but since there is not an external one i figure it has to be integral to the board.
And if anyone knows control board model number that would be great. Have model of fridge but am finding out board number is important when ordering.

USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
This is a link to a troubleshooting guide. I don't know if it covers your model but the operation is likely the same. You are probably on the right track with the board especially if you can verify you have 12 volts coming in.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is online now   Reply With Quote

dometic, fridge