Old 09-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #21

I bent mine. Works now with no bend in the extension or pressure of the wire on the simulator. Good job!

Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I bent mine. Works now with no bend in the extension or pressure of the wire on the simulator. Good job!
Sage, I was thinking about putting them on the simulator also, but thought they may scratch them. What do you think?

2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #23

Ben, I took another look at your photo. I bent mine the other way as there wasn't enough spring your way. Have you tried it? I wouldn't mount it to the simulator as I don't think there is enough clearance. They may have videos at Pacific Dually.com about mounting these.
Mine are fine now, tight and extended with no bend or hitting the simulator.
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by benagi View Post
Sage, just finished putting my extensions on. I think the problem in the first place was the air-flex extensions weren't tightened down far enough, so that's why needle valve inside was to low. Also, see my picture below of my modified spring that hold my new extensions. I just used needle nose pliers and reshaped them so they would fit a little better. Doesn't interfere with the simulator at all now. These new extensions from Pacific Dualie are a lot better that the air-flex. Glad I changed them anyway.
Awesome idea, I think I will do that to mine as well, was hard to find any brackets that allows for aftermarket aluminum rims
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #25
phat phrog stunt crew

Have you ever heard of cats eyes tire pressure monitoring system? Easy to check tire pressure, and only one fill valve to add air at. They work great and ends the argument one generally has with the inside tire valve.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
Have you ever heard of cats eyes tire pressure monitoring system? Easy to check tire pressure, and only one fill valve to add air at. They work great and ends the argument one generally has with the inside tire valve.
Are you referring to those extenders for dullies which are like equalizers? Fill both tires at same time? Unless they make it airless extenders than it will work. But other than that, if you get one tire leaking air, basically the other goes flat too.
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #27
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
GL1800Rider, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have been looking for my receipt/order. I bought the 18100 which is 7" and designed for the 16" with 4" oval holes in the rim. I believe the 18101 is for the E-350 and has the spring stabilizers for the 2" ovals. Not sure about the length. The Pacific Dualy site wanted $30 for them, I got them at Amazon for around $22 both are plus shipping.
I will look in to getting a set as soon as I get mine back. Right now my 3011 is at the dealer. Last trip out the A/C kept freezing up and was blowing chunks of ice. They replaced the unit yesterday as it was losing freon. I have had a problem since day one putting air in the right inside dual and they are supposed to address that as well as replace a frig fan that has a bearing noise. Would like to get everything done before we head up to BamaGanza. Ooops sorry, i did not mean to hijack the thread
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #28

Phoenix USA AML1 Air Inflation Kit; on amazon

has anyone put these on, they attach to the lug nuts,

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-USA-AM...t%3B+on+amazon
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
has anyone put these on, they attach to the lug nuts,

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-USA-AM...t%3B+on+amazon
I use extenders by Wheel Master 8208 as that way I don't have to mess with lug nut torque if/when I get involved with TPMS issues.

What ever you use be sure the outer end if firmly tired down.

I use pop rivets with the small angle brackets provided in the kit.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Quote:
Thanks Boso. Now to figure out what to do about the outer "J" extension. Borg Tire Supply has permanent ones for $20 each, but as I mentioned before, it required me to trim the wheel simulator that I used on my E-350. But then I had a non flexible inner extension that may have been the problem. My local tire dealer can easily install this by just breaking the bead and swapping out valves then rebalance. Probably about $25 a tire. Still that's about $100 for just the those installed.
The bottom photo shows what I had to do on the E-350. Notice the trimming. But the E-450 does have the bigger 4" holes instead of the 2".

This type of extender is OK as long as you remember to hold the valve body when you press on it to add air or check inflation. The force needed may eventually cause damage to the rubber grommet.

I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, valve