Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #1

DVD stuck in Furrion bedroom tv

How do you retrieve a DVD that is stuck in the Furrion combo TV/DVD player? The eject button and the other dvd controls on the remote don't work.
1979 Tioga 25' bunkbed (first RV in 1992)
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinandLen View Post
How do you retrieve a DVD that is stuck in the Furrion combo TV/DVD player? The eject button and the other dvd controls on the remote don't work.
I had the same problem when we did the initial walk through. We eventually did figure it out and it's not in the manual but since we really don't use the DVD in the bedroom my memory is a little foggy. It may have been that you had to have the TV power off and then hit eject? In your case, if none of the other controls work either then it is most likely a dead remote battery, bad remote or bad IR on the TV.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #3

You MUST have the source set to DVD from the remote and TV in DVD mode for controls to work, including eject. Make sure TV is powered on. About 1/2 way down on the remote on the right side is the source button. Push it until the menu shows DVD highlighted then press enter. You can then press the eject button or any other DVD control to make them work.
If the source button does not change anything with the TV power on then you may want to check the batteries which I am sure you already have.

Hope this helps.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #4

New batteries and I did try source and none of the DVD buttons work. The other buttons for the tv work just not the DVD buttons. The DVD plays but it won't eject. Hopefully I can use tweezers or something to pry it out. [emoji53]
Old 05-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Site Team

Check for a very small hole near the DVD slot. Straighten out a paper clip and insert in the hole and push to eject DVD. Many DVD/CD mechanisms have this capability.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #6

Quote:
New batteries and I did try source and none of the DVD buttons work. The other buttons for the tv work just not the DVD buttons. The DVD plays but it won't eject. Hopefully I can use tweezers or something to pry it out. [emoji53]
Don't use tweezers! There was definitely a "different" process to get the DVD to eject, assuming you have the same or similar Furion TV as we do in the bedroom. I am bringing the RV home to work on it tomorrow, I can spend a few minutes to see if I can recall what that process was.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #7

Thanks! I'll wait and see what you come up with. Another company bought Furrion so I don't think I'd be able to get technical help over the phone.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
Don't use tweezers! There was definitely a "different" process to get the DVD to eject, assuming you have the same or similar Furion TV as we do in the bedroom. I am bringing the RV home to work on it tomorrow, I can spend a few minutes to see if I can recall what that process was.
[SIZE="4"]It is called a reset button. Try this with a complete reset. Push the paper clip in until it feels solid then a little pressure to activate the button. This will reset the Furion Radio, CD DVD.

Call customer service at Furion. John was a great help when we set mine up a couple of weeks ago.

Jack
/SIZE]
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #9

Where is the reset button? I don't see anything to insert a paper clip.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #10

Also there is no Furrion customer service because Lippert bought them out.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Also there is no Furrion customer service because Lippert bought them out.
You are wrong about support/customer service.

1-888-354-5792

support@Furrion.com or support@furrion.com.

Remember Google is your friend!

The reset button hole is in the lower R/H corner of the Furrion CD/DVD unit.

Jack
Old 05-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #12

L&L,

Ok. On mine, the secret to getting the DVD out is that the source has to be on DVD before the eject button will work. I remember it took a while to figure that out and is was a lot of trial and error.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #13

Thanks newRVer. Yes, I have the source on DVD but no luck. Still haven't been able to locate a reset button either. We also have no access to the back of the unit since it's bolted onto a cabinet door.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:23 AM   #14

Had to replace mine!

I brought a DVD for the walk around and it ate it on the spot. We tried the reset, we tried the little hole/paperclip. We tried all the settings and finally the solution was to replace it. But then this failed right in front of the dealer. There was no argument. I tried to tweezer out the DVD. Stupidly I brought a beloved Chick Corea DVD. I should have brought in "Snakes On a Plane". I wouldn't mind losing that one. The solution to getting the DVD was, again, replacement.
Sorry I don't have a viable solution. I should mention that this was Furrion dash mount DVD player, not a TV/DVD system.
Bentspoon
Bentspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanks newRVer. Yes, I have the source on DVD but no luck. Still haven't been able to locate a reset button either. We also have no access to the back of the unit since it's bolted onto a cabinet door.
It is not a "reset button" it is a very small hole in the right hand lower corner that you put the paper clip into and push the hidden reset inside the hole.

Did you call the support PH number I sent you? Did you contact support at WWW.supportfurrion.com? They just helped me two weeks ago.

Jack
Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #16

Jack, are you talking about the Furrion combo TV/DVD unit? I just don't see a tiny hole anywhere. Is it in the DVD slot itself.? We tried Furrion numbers and were told Lippert handles them now. Then we got busy with breaking down and checking out of the campground so haven't tried these numbers yet. May have to wait until Monday. We'll check today though not sure if open on Saturday.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
It is not a "reset button" it is a very small hole in the right hand lower corner that you put the paper clip into and push the hidden reset inside the hole.
Jack
Okay, was just out in the MH and looked at the dvd player inside the tv and there is absolutely no reset hole. Unless it's inside the slot itself where the dvd is stuck and I just can't see it or on the back of the tv which we can't get to, it's just not there.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Jack, are you talking about the Furrion combo TV/DVD unit? I just don't see a tiny hole anywhere. Is it in the DVD slot itself.? We tried Furrion numbers and were told Lippert handles them now. Then we got busy with breaking down and checking out of the campground so haven't tried these numbers yet. May have to wait until Monday. We'll check today though not sure if open on Saturday.
I have the Furrion 3100 Radio/CD/DVD player that is remotely wired to my 48" Samsung TV that is a flatscreen hung on the wall. Call the number I gave you and I am sure they will help solve your problem.

Jack
Old 05-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
I have the Furrion 3100 Radio/CD/DVD player that is remotely wired to my 48" Samsung TV that is a flatscreen hung on the wall. Call the number I gave you and I am sure they will help solve your problem.

Jack
Thank you so much for helping. Our Furrion Combo flat panel TV with built in DVD player is a totally different unit from what you have. That's why there is no reset hole. I worked all day on this and finally pried the DVD out using the credit card/putty knife trick and double sided tape combined with Gorilla Glue tape. Support is closed today, and I won't dare put another DVD in until we can get this figured out. We're probably looking at replacing with something else.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Thank you so much for helping. Our Furrion Combo flat panel TV with built in DVD player is a totally different unit from what you have. That's why there is no reset hole. I worked all day on this and finally pried the DVD out using the credit card/putty knife trick and double sided tape combined with Gorilla Glue tape. Support is closed today, and I won't dare put another DVD in until we can get this figured out. We're probably looking at replacing with something else.
Call them Monday with the above number I gave you. John in support helped me two weeks ago. Very nice guy and knew the Furrion line inside out. He had me going in five minutes. I have owned this unit since August last year and was never able to watch a DVD on the remote TV. The connection is internally wired.
The dealer hooked up the wrong wires on the back of the TV to the three wire plug ins from the Furrion that was mounted through the wall from the factory.

Jack

Tags
bed, dvd, roo