Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Carozzoni View Post
Incorrect. Ford will actually continue to build the E-Series in chassis and cutaway cab form at its Ohio Assembly facility in Avon Lake in suburban Cleveland. This plant will be devoted entirely to commercial chassis production, with Ford's Super Duty F-650 and F-750, and F-53 and F-59 models also being produced there. The F-53 is primarily a Class A motorhome chassis; the E-Series chassis is also popular for motorhomes. I've seen both 2017 and 2019 be listed as the last year (with 2017 used most often).
^^what he said^^ Ford is going away from the Econoline van...but not he cutaway. Ford tells us that will run through the end of this decade.

They came and asked us if there are any changes we would like to see...We've been asking FOREVER for a simple switch to go from km's to miles (like every other vehicle on the market today)...since that would require an engineering change their response was "what changes would you like to see, besides that"

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #22

I believe Mr Carozzoni was replying to a newsgroup thread about oil capacity in the 2V motorhome engine, not the 2V Econoline‎ engine in consumer vans. And ^^what he said^^ was “Econoline chassis” not “Econoline Van”. I think there is some confusion here. Anyone here know how soon we can get a Forest River Sunseeker on a Transit Van? Sign me up!!!
Teri King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Actually Mr Carozzini was correcting an earlier statement from another user that thought the E-Series was going away. I was agreeing with Mr C that the van body was going away but the cutaway chassis (and A rail) was alive and well, and expected to be used through the end of the decade. As for the transit van, there is still one year left on the Econoline van. I would not expect to see a Sunseeker on a transit for at least another year...more than likely 2. To my knowledge our engineers don't even have complete drawings/specs to even start thinking about design.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Actually Mr Carozzini was correcting an earlier statement from another user that thought the E-Series was going away. I was agreeing with Mr C that the van body was going away but the cutaway chassis (and A rail) was alive and well, and expected to be used through the end of the decade. As for the transit van, there is still one year left on the Econoline van. I would not expect to see a Sunseeker on a transit for at least another year...more than likely 2. To my knowledge our engineers don't even have complete drawings/specs to even start thinking about design.
So are you saying even though the Econonline cutaway may continue be produced to the end of the decade, you expect the Sunseeker to be available on the Transit chassis as early as 2015?
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
Commercial Member

I don't know that I "expect" anything, merely that (when available) the transit van might give us another viable platform (like the Mercedes Sprinter) to build a motorhome on. From what I understand, the early iterations will have a lower GVWR while they hopefully build up to the 14,500 GVWR that is on current E450's. So whether we see a Sunseeker, Lexington, Solera or a new model on the transit...I hope that we utilize it.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I don't know that I "expect" anything, merely that (when available) the transit van might give us another viable platform (like the Mercedes Sprinter) to build a motorhome on. From what I understand, the early iterations will have a lower GVWR while they hopefully build up to the 14,500 GVWR that is on current E450's. So whether we see a Sunseeker, Lexington, Solera or a new model on the transit...I hope that we utilize it.
That makes more sense than how I interpreted your words before. Putting it under the Solera body would be great to get an American made option for that size vehicle.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote