Old 09-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #1
Entry Door Flys Open

Seems on my 2401 Forester one of my issues would be that if the wind is blowing and your not holding on to the door tight when exiting the MH, the wind can catch the door and slam it all the way open. Does anyone know of a way to spring load the opening of the door as to cause you to have to push the door to open therefore avoiding the door flying open?

BALLZITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #2
Chief tinkerer
Good morning. If you have the black gas strut then yes. Had this happen to us at the beach and thought it was going to snap the end off. One person put a door stop mounted to the outside wall sticking out about 4", in front of the door to take some of the strain off when this happens. Another pulled the original strut and made stronger mounts for it. Another replaced the strut with one with less pressure. On my "to-do" list is a black strap from the top of the door across to the top of the door frame, about 12" out from the pivot point, secured with screws, so if the wind does catch it the strap takes the load, not the strut. I have already looked and there is enough gap for this to work. A black nylon dog leash should work with the ends melted together so it won't frey.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
I've actually rigged a rag into the handle to grip better and hold onto when opening but that seems tacky for the most part.
BALLZITCH is offline   Reply With Quote